Norman Wood

Default Garden steps: drainage, footbeds & prices

Morgan,

I can't recommend another source (unless you want to haul timbers
from Colorado). I'm using ACQ timbers 6x6 rough-sawn to border
a play area. 8-foot aspen timbers run about 18$ each, pine
are $22 each. Our local Home Depot says they won't be carrying
ACQ until the first of the year. Several local landscape
suppliers said their timbers were arsenic-free (and had been
told so by _their_ suppliers), but when I checked them, the
end tags said they were CCA-treated.

Norm

In rec.woodworking Morgan Fletcher wrote:
: Also, Home Depot in Emeryville, CA was still selling CCA lumber when I went
: in there, and no one I talked to even knew about the arsenic or chromium in
: it, whether there was an alternative, etc. OSH in Berkeley, CA does not
: sell 6x6 or 5x6 landscaping timber. Ashby Lumber (Berkeley) has ACQ
: pressure-treated 6x6 for $4.02/foot. Decent price? Recommend another
: source?

: Morgan Fletcher
: Oakland, CA