DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Christmas Tree Ornaments (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/180885-christmas-tree-ornaments.html)

WConner October 30th 06 02:43 AM

Christmas Tree Ornaments

HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot com

Doug Miller October 30th 06 03:10 AM

Christmas Tree Ornaments

In article 4Fd1h.3789$ee4.1788@trndny06, "WConner" wrote:
HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Woodcraft, Craft Supplies USA ("The Woodturners Catalog"), and (I think)
Rockler sell kits (similar to pen-turning kits) with an eye and a finial.
Their catalogs have some examples, e.g.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.
com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=christmas-tree-ornament

Craft Supplies also sells a book on turning ornaments.

Or you may feel free to use this photo of some I made a few years back for
inspiration, entertainment, bad examples, or whatever you like:

http://www.milmac.com/Turnings/ChristmasOrnaments.html

You will probably also have a better response if you crosspost your question
to rec.crafts.woodturning .

--
Regards,

[email protected] October 30th 06 05:30 AM

Christmas Tree Ornaments

WConner wrote:
HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

try
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/p...sorn/index.htm
or theres some other stuff at http://www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk

John B October 30th 06 12:12 PM

Christmas Tree Ornaments

Doug Miller wrote:
In article 4Fd1h.3789$ee4.1788@trndny06, "WConner" wrote:

HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Woodcraft, Craft Supplies USA ("The Woodturners Catalog"), and (I think)
Rockler sell kits (similar to pen-turning kits) with an eye and a finial.
Their catalogs have some examples, e.g.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.
com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=christmas-tree-ornament

Craft Supplies also sells a book on turning ornaments.

Or you may feel free to use this photo of some I made a few years back for
inspiration, entertainment, bad examples, or whatever you like:

http://www.milmac.com/Turnings/ChristmasOrnaments.html

You will probably also have a better response if you crosspost your question
to rec.crafts.woodturning .

G'day Doug,
Very nice. I'd never have thought of turning Xmas tree ornaments.
regards
John

SonomaProducts.com October 30th 06 06:22 PM

Christmas Tree Ornaments

I found other links but this "doc" had the best pictures and good step
by step for inside out ornaments. I downloaded it and it didn't have
any viruses but I know people don't like downloading docs.

http://www.turnwood.net/projects/Ins...tOrnaments.doc