Posted to rec.woodworking

Default aluminum poles

I have a project that would be easier with a long aluminum pole (16 feet)
does any one have any idea what type of suppler might carry this.I'm in the
Baltimore/Washington area so I'm not asking for a company name ,but would
take if you got one.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

leonard wrote:
I have a project that would be easier with a long aluminum pole

(16 feet)
does any one have any idea what type of suppler might carry this.

Look for a nonferrous metals distributor.

What alloy, OD, ID and or wall thickness?

Do you need a contiguous piece or can you sleeve two (2), 8 ft lengths
together?

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
leonard wrote:

I have a project that would be easier with a long aluminum pole (16 feet)
does any one have any idea what type of suppler might carry this.I'm in the
Baltimore/Washington area so I'm not asking for a company name ,but would
take if you got one.

Len

Durett-Sheppard in the Highlandtown/Dundalk area of Baltimore would be
a good start. 410 633 6800. If they don't have it they can likely tell
you who does.

You don;t say what diameter or wall thickness you want, but if you
consider steel, than think about EMT or pipe. Both are available in 20
ft lengths from their respective suppliers.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -
Posted to rec.woodworking

"leonard" wrote in message

I have a project that would be easier with a long aluminum pole (16 feet)
does any one have any idea what type of suppler might carry this.I'm in

the
Baltimore/Washington area so I'm not asking for a company name ,but would
take if you got one.

Try some tent or outdoor display suppliers in your area.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wow, Festivus is here already??

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

thanks for the replies. What I'm looking for can be in two pieces about 2
inches in diameter and lightweight(thin walled) like a lighting fixture.

len

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a project that would be easier with a long aluminum pole (16 feet)
does any one have any idea what type of suppler might carry this.I'm in the
Baltimore/Washington area so I'm not asking for a company name ,but would
take if you got one.

Len

Not having specifics on the diameter you might look into:

http://www.texastowers.com/aluminum.htm

They've been useful to Amateur Telescope Makers in the past and don't
seem to mind "minor" orders.

Crazy Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

leonard wrote:
thanks for the replies. What I'm looking for can be in two pieces

about 2
inches in diameter and lightweight(thin walled) like a lighting

fixture.

2 pcs, either 1-/2" or 2" alum conduit and a coupling.

Any decent electrical distributor.

Lew

I welded aluminum today Gunner Asch Metalworking 40 December 3rd 05 11:04 AM
First Aluminum Anodizing attempts (long w/ pictures) James Lerch Metalworking 7 June 3rd 05 05:30 AM
Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
Soldering aluminum tubing to steel sheet metal Racer X Metalworking 8 May 15th 04 12:16 AM
Welding Aluminum (WAS: Welding Magnesium) tony Metalworking 5 November 7th 03 01:21 AM