Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air Compressor Leak

If its a real small leak, it's not really worth the effort. Mine will depressurize overnight, and has for years.

If a 4' cheater pipe on your wrench won't work, if its just a small leak around the threads but it is too rusted to get off, something like JBWeld might buy you some time to shop.

I understand it gets thinner when warm, and pulling a SMALL vacuum on the tank (vacuum cleaner on drain line, maybe?) may help draw it in like a thread sealant / pipe dope. I also understand that you would never get it off.

I've even seen paint work. Tank must be depressurized, of course.

If you think there's been any damage beyond what teflon tape would cure if you could get it off, start shopping now.

Teamcasa wrote:
"mark" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 60 gal vertical compressor that has a leak at the large nut
where the regulator is threaded into the tank.

It is leaking around the large nut itself. This is not something that I
can remove.

Will an epoxy seal and problem? If so, which one?

Thanks