Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INFO - RUST - The degeneration of tools and how to deal with it

http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...e_pointers.htm

It's amazine sometimes, the stuff I run across while looking for
something else.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

J T wrote:
http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...e_pointers.htm

It's amazine sometimes, the stuff I run across while looking for
something else.

Just out of curiousity, what did you think was so amazing about this?
Seemed pretty much the "same old" discussion, albeit nicely formatted...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 7, 10:53 am, "dpb" wrote:
J T wrote:
http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...l/service_poin...

It's amazine sometimes, the stuff I run across while looking for
something else.

Just out of curiousity, what did you think was so amazing about this?
Seemed pretty much the "same old" discussion, albeit nicely formatted...

Right. Those silica gel cannisters mentioned in the article are the
right idea, just too expensive. I save all of those little bags of
silica gel that are used in packaging assorted hardware and such. Put
them in an oven at 300 degrees for a bit and then put them in a plastic
container with some holes (no holes on the bottom). Same idea as store
bought, but essentially free.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 7, 7:12 pm, (J T) wrote:

The amazing part is I found the piece on rust while doing a google
search for something entirely unrelated to to rust, or even metal. So,
I was surprised when I came across it. A link or two to articles about
fighting rust is alwys handy. And no mantter how many times it's been
beaten to death here, it'll come up again in a day or two anyway,
because people seldom do any research before they ask for someone else
to solve theyr problem for them. Clear now?

Perfectly clear. You're deconstructing the idea of a FAQ. Instead of
accumulating information in a central repository you're attempting to
post the trivia on a more frequent basis in individual posts. You're
doing a public service by catering to the inefficient.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sun, Oct 8, 2006, 11:28am (Tim*Taylor) doth
posteth:
HAHAHa * Touche`!!

LOL.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:

Right. Those silica gel cannisters mentioned in the article are the
right idea, just too expensive.

You can buy silica gel cat litter. It's about $12 CAD for 8 lbs.

Even that is kind of expensive for the cat, so I'm thinking about trying
to find an industrial source.

Chris