DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ridgid 1550 Drill press. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/178076-ridgid-1550-drill-press.html)

Robatoy October 4th 06 04:00 AM

Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

..0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

[email protected] October 4th 06 05:36 AM

Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

Robatoy wrote:
FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

.0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Hey dude.... are you trying to stir something else up? I saw you
posted this to two threads.

(Just kiddin' here...)

Although on the other one I don't thing they care anymore about drill
presses and such.

It reminds me of the old days when someone would complain about Home
Depot or Norm, and both threads would get more activity than actual
woodworking topics by ten fold.

Robert

TBM October 4th 06 07:14 AM

Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

.0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Can it be used to torture terrorists?

Robatoy October 4th 06 01:23 PM

Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

TBM wrote:
[snip]
Can it be used to torture terrorists?

I am no expert on torture, but I think most woodworking tools would be
suitable for torture.
A beltsander across the nose would get ME to talk!
Then again.. if I was forced to watch a Norm video, or forced to listen
to Celine Dijon[sic].. I would sell out my country in a heartbeat.