Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

..0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

.0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Hey dude.... are you trying to stir something else up? I saw you
posted this to two threads.

(Just kiddin' here...)

Although on the other one I don't thing they care anymore about drill
presses and such.

It reminds me of the old days when someone would complain about Home
Depot or Norm, and both threads would get more activity than actual
woodworking topics by ten fold.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
TBM TBM is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
FWW liked it.
I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

.0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre
bit.
Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor.
I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Can it be used to torture terrorists?

Posted to rec.woodworking

TBM wrote:
[snip]
Can it be used to torture terrorists?

I am no expert on torture, but I think most woodworking tools would be
suitable for torture.
A beltsander across the nose would get ME to talk!
Then again.. if I was forced to watch a Norm video, or forced to listen
to Celine Dijon[sic].. I would sell out my country in a heartbeat.