Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking

Default Cherry Toilet Seat

In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but not
in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made
seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or commission
the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , lhughes@
1stConnect.com says...
In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but not
in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made
seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or commission
the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.

Tried to email you at the address above, and it bounced:
Failed to deliver to '
LOCAL module(account ) reports:
mail receiving disabled

Please contact me at woodworks at milmac dot com, or provide a working
email address so I can contact you. Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Lawrence Hughes wrote:
In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but not
in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made
seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or commission
the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.

Oh, put a lid on it already.

--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
In article ,
Lawrence Hughes wrote:
In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are
all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching
solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but
not
in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made
seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or
commission
the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.

Oh, put a lid on it already.

That's kind of a cheeky retort.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Vic Baron wrote:

That's kind of a cheeky retort.

Maybe the seat could be found at a commode-ity dealer?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lawrence Hughes" wrote in message
That was good . . . didn't see it coming at all!

Who says wooddorkers don't have a sense of humor!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Who says wooddorkers don't have a sense of humor!

Yeah, really! I think I even saw Nahmie make a joke once.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lawrence Hughes" wrote in message
In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are

all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching

solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Most all of the stock seats are cheap; there are some hardwood seats but

not
in a matching wood and color. I expect I will need to have a custom-made
seat.

Can anyone provide a lead on where I either find such a seat, or

commission
the fabrication of a such seat? The project is located in New York City.

If you're having it custom-made, don't forget to make a casting of your ass.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Stu Stu is offline

Lawrence Hughes wrote:
In my bathroom the furniture, door, door trim, and medicine cabinet are all
solid cherry with a traditional cherry stain. I would like a matching solid
cherry (no MDF) toilet seat, but I've been unsuccessful in finding one.

Hi Lawrence,
I have had a look round and you may want to try the following links:
http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...oogle&ct=title

http://www.philipmorris.uk.com/prd.php?deptid=185

http://www.toiletseatdirectory.com/R...XhkOAH PXobvg..

The first 2 sell a variety of seats, some look cherry, but whether tha
same you would have to look. The last is a directory for companies that
sell them.

Stu
http://www.cateringappliancesltd.co.uk

Posted to rec.woodworking

How about that outfit that carries stuff for renovating Victorian
houses?

cracked toilet seat shederr Home Repair 2 May 5th 06 12:02 PM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM
Toilet seat nut turning secret Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott Home Repair 16 February 12th 05 05:01 AM
My toilet seat keeps sliding sideways! David W.E. Roberts UK diy 6 August 22nd 03 11:26 PM