Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is a fair price for this dust collector (used)?

I've advertised a Reliant 1.5HP dust collector that I bought new from
Woodworker's Warehouse a few years back. I also bought two of those monster
felt dust bags. I'm asking $200 and not one single person even asked about it.

I used to live in the Northeast where garages, basements, outbuildings and
long winters were ideal conditions for woodworking. I'm now in the South and
it seems like no one is in interested in ww'ing.

Since I don't have a basement anymore, I've been selling off some of my less
vital equipment. Wow, it's been tough. I've literally been throwing away
some of my smaller tools and other household stuff since I can't even give
them away.

This is the type of dust collector that I'm referring to. Same DC with
different name.

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pa...2&cookietest=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:

I've advertised a Reliant 1.5HP dust collector that I bought new from
Woodworker's Warehouse a few years back. I also bought two of those
monster felt dust bags. I'm asking $200 and not one single person even
asked about it.

Grizzly Tools (very similar to the old Reliant's) sells their 2 HP model
with 2.5 micron bags new for $295.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1029Z

It could be part of the problem.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
John wrote:
I've advertised a Reliant 1.5HP dust collector that I bought new from
Woodworker's Warehouse a few years back. I also bought two of those monster
felt dust bags. I'm asking $200 and not one single person even asked about it.

I used to live in the Northeast where garages, basements, outbuildings and
long winters were ideal conditions for woodworking. I'm now in the South and
it seems like no one is in interested in ww'ing.

Since I don't have a basement anymore, I've been selling off some of my less
vital equipment. Wow, it's been tough. I've literally been throwing away
some of my smaller tools and other household stuff since I can't even give
them away.

This is the type of dust collector that I'm referring to. Same DC with
different name.

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pa...2&cookietest=1

Maybe companies like HF, Penn State and Grizzly selling NEW 1.5 & 2hp
dust collectors for $250-300 has something to do with it.

--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland - lwasserm(@)charm(.)net
Posted to rec.woodworking

"John" wrote in message
m...

snip

Since I don't have a basement anymore, I've been selling off some of my
less vital equipment. Wow, it's been tough. I've literally been throwing
away some of my smaller tools and other household stuff since I can't even
give them away.

snip

Don't get too hasty, John. Markets on all sorts of things run hot and cold.
Even in
the south where your Northern-conditioned blood says that winter is warm,
the locals
still think that it's cold (colder, at least - I leved there for years).
They'll return to more
inside centered activities so don't throw things away price wise. Be
patient.
Later,