DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   swinging crib (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176241-swinging-crib.html)

Eddie September 17th 06 08:20 PM

swinging crib

Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first
grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a
swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild.
Eddie..

Robatoy September 17th 06 09:11 PM

swinging crib

Eddie wrote:
Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first
grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a
swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild.
Eddie..

He's going to have be a lot older to hang out with his bro's in his own
swinging crib, y'all.
You catch where I'm coming fron, dawg?

ohhhkay.. back to www.fark.com

J T September 17th 06 09:42 PM

swinging crib

Sun, Sep 17, 2006, 9:20pm (EDT+6) (Eddie) doth
proudly proclaimeth:
Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first
grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for
making a swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild.
Eddie..

Not sure if you mean a swinging "cradle", or what. In either case
I'd say foget it. The kid's going to outgrow it in a short time, then
it's just gonna take up room. Make a rocking chair instead. Then mon
can sit down for a few minutes, get the kid to sleep, and then put the
kid down anywhere and he/she will sleep. No prob. Then mon can sit
down again. A rocker can be used for years and years - by anyone, even
the kid. Cradles look cutesy and sound appealing, but unless you're
gonna have a kid a year, or get rid of it as soo ad the kid outgrows it,
I don't think they're worth the bother. As you may be able to tell, i'm
not a huge fan of cradles, swinging or not. Rocking chairs all the way.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.

[email protected] September 18th 06 10:15 AM

swinging crib

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:20:34 +0200, "Eddie"
wrote:

Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first
grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a
swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild.
Eddie..

I just finished one - a small chest of drawers cradle. It's
basically a short chest of drawers with two centre portions of the
side panels extending up to support the cradle. 32 wide, 20 deep, 35
high and 4 drawers. The drawers are for the "book", diapers, and the
wipes/creams/powders. Made with solid Lyptus and Apple inlays. As
soon as I figure out the camera, I'll post pictures.

The guys are in the other posts are right. The cradle is only good
untill the kid learns how to roll over (about 3 mo). Then it's a
plant stand.

I built this one because I wanted to and it was asked for. My
daughter is due in a few days. It does make for a nice gift.

Pete

Eddie September 19th 06 07:32 AM

swinging crib

Cheers Pete,
I thought it would make a nice gift too, if you could send some photos I
would appreciate it.
as for the rocking chair Idea, sounds good! any plans hanging around for
one?