Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WWI or Chopmaster for a RAS

I am using a Delta/Leitz 80T negative hook blade, and it doesn't cut well.
Before that I used a Freud 60T positive hook blade; it cut well, but grabbed
the wood.

I just got a WWII for my TS and love it; so I am looking at a Forrest blade
for the RAS also.
Forrest recommends both the WWI and the Chopmaster. Their website is vague
at best. Any advice as to which is more useful? I use the saw 98% of the
time for simple crosscuts on 4/4, if that makes a difference.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" wrote in message
I am using a Delta/Leitz 80T negative hook blade, and it doesn't cut well.
Before that I used a Freud 60T positive hook blade; it cut well, but
grabbed the wood.

I just got a WWII for my TS and love it; so I am looking at a Forrest
blade for the RAS also.
Forrest recommends both the WWI and the Chopmaster. Their website is
vague at best. Any advice as to which is more useful? I use the saw 98%
of the time for simple crosscuts on 4/4, if that makes a difference.

What did Forrest suggest when you called them with that question?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"Toller" wrote in message
I am using a Delta/Leitz 80T negative hook blade, and it doesn't cut well.
Before that I used a Freud 60T positive hook blade; it cut well, but
grabbed the wood.

I just got a WWII for my TS and love it; so I am looking at a Forrest
blade for the RAS also.
Forrest recommends both the WWI and the Chopmaster. Their website is
vague at best. Any advice as to which is more useful? I use the saw 98%
of the time for simple crosscuts on 4/4, if that makes a difference.

What did Forrest suggest when you called them with that question?

I sent them an email. It bounced because they "rejected sender's address".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 16:10:35 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I am using a Delta/Leitz 80T negative hook blade, and it doesn't cut well.
Before that I used a Freud 60T positive hook blade; it cut well, but grabbed
the wood.

I just got a WWII for my TS and love it; so I am looking at a Forrest blade
for the RAS also.
Forrest recommends both the WWI and the Chopmaster. Their website is vague
at best. Any advice as to which is more useful? I use the saw 98% of the
time for simple crosscuts on 4/4, if that makes a difference.

My Chopmaster (that i bought at IWF) just arrived, and I mounted it on
my RAS and made some test cuts. Very nice. Cut is smooth as glass, no
bottom chipout and, because of the negative hook angle, it is very
controllable, doesn't want to climb or runout on me.

BTW it is what they recommended to me at IWF.

Frank