Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Broken lath

My lath that I bought back in June broke to day. The live center spun out a
bearing and it feel apart. Called Jet who made the lath to see about a new
live center and had the best experience with customer service I have ever
had. The Lady who answered the phone was very nice and seemed to be
concerned with my problem, gave me an apology for the failure of the lath
and told me that the part would be sent out Monday and to expect it Tuesday.
When she found out that I would be doing a show near her home over the
weekend she even offered to bring a new live center to the show for me.
Through out the call I was treated not as a customer, valued or otherwise,
but as a friend who she was glad to hear from and help. She wanted to know
how I liked the lath and if I had any other problems, what type of turnings
I did etc.. Grizzly has good customer service, Lee Valley is above reproach
on customer relations, but Jet was the best I have ever dealt with, as least
on this call.