DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/175334-possible-scroll-saw-gloat-jet-20-anyone.html)

Kiwanda September 8th 06 09:28 PM

Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone?

Not sure if this is gloat-worthy or not, but it made my afternoon
regardless: today I picked up a Jet JSS-20VS variable speed scroll saw
at the local pawn shop for $79. The kicker is that it was brand new--
no box, but the saw had never been fully assembled and all the parts
were still in the original packaging, cord still factory wrapped, etc.
The odd thing is that near as I can tell Jet discontinued this saw
years ago; the owners manual has a July 1993 issue date on the cover.
It must have been sitting in someone's garage for a long time.

I put the saw together and made a few cuts. I'm not a scroll saw
person, have only used low-end ones before, but for my purposes (guitar
building, i.e. cutting f-holes, etc.) it looks to be perfect. Very low
vibration, good air flow, large table. Certainly the best $79 tool I've
purchased in a long time, and made my monthly peek into the pawn shop
once again worthwhile.

Anyone have or know anything about these Jet saws?

Regards,

Kiwanda

CW September 8th 06 09:59 PM

Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone?

Sounds like a good deal to me. For information on the saw, you might want to
call Jet service. They have an 800 number.
1-800-274-6846
oups.com...

Georgette Kanach June 24th 20 09:44 PM

Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone?

replying to Kiwanda, Georgette Kanach wrote:
Do you still have this saw? I bought one at a yard sale but would love a copy
of the owners manual.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ne-124311-.htm