Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone?

Not sure if this is gloat-worthy or not, but it made my afternoon
regardless: today I picked up a Jet JSS-20VS variable speed scroll saw
at the local pawn shop for $79. The kicker is that it was brand new--
no box, but the saw had never been fully assembled and all the parts
were still in the original packaging, cord still factory wrapped, etc.
The odd thing is that near as I can tell Jet discontinued this saw
years ago; the owners manual has a July 1993 issue date on the cover.
It must have been sitting in someone's garage for a long time.

I put the saw together and made a few cuts. I'm not a scroll saw
person, have only used low-end ones before, but for my purposes (guitar
building, i.e. cutting f-holes, etc.) it looks to be perfect. Very low
vibration, good air flow, large table. Certainly the best $79 tool I've
purchased in a long time, and made my monthly peek into the pawn shop
once again worthwhile.

Anyone have or know anything about these Jet saws?

Regards,

Kiwanda

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Sounds like a good deal to me. For information on the saw, you might want to
call Jet service. They have an 800 number.
1-800-274-6846
"Kiwanda" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Kiwanda, Georgette Kanach wrote:
Do you still have this saw? I bought one at a yard sale but would love a copy
of the owners manual.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ne-124311-.htm