DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta radial arm saw table size (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/175079-delta-radial-arm-saw-table-size.html)

[email protected] September 6th 06 04:01 PM

Delta radial arm saw table size

I recently purchased a circa 1990 Delta Model 10 Deluxe Radial Arm Saw,
actual model number 33-990, that is missing the table(s) and fence.
Would someone that has one of these saws please measure and post the
dimensions of the wood parts so I can fabricate them from stock on
hand? I can handle the fastening and leveling parts myself.

Also, if anyone has successfully modified the table/fence arrangement,
I would like to know what you have done.

Thanks in advance

Brent

[email protected] September 6th 06 04:56 PM

wrote:
I recently purchased a circa 1990 Delta Model 10 Deluxe Radial Arm Saw,
actual model number 33-990, that is missing the table(s) and fence.
Would someone that has one of these saws please measure and post the
dimensions of the wood parts so I can fabricate them from stock on
hand? I can handle the fastening and leveling parts myself.

Also, if anyone has successfully modified the table/fence arrangement,
I would like to know what you have done.

Thanks in advance

Brent

My Model 10 is a 1994 but the same model number and the dimensions are
probably the same as yours. Going from front to back my table
components measu

MDF: 1" T x 42" W x 17" D
I also put a piece of 1/8" hardboard over this part.

Solid pine: 3/4" T x 42" W x 1-3/4" D (turn it on its side so it sticks
up 3/4" above table)

MDF: 1" T x 42" W x 1-1/8" D

MDF: 1" T x 42" W x 6-5/8" D

Hope this is helpful.

Frank Boettcher September 6th 06 05:14 PM

On 6 Sep 2006 08:01:22 -0700, wrote:

I recently purchased a circa 1990 Delta Model 10 Deluxe Radial Arm Saw,
actual model number 33-990, that is missing the table(s) and fence.
Would someone that has one of these saws please measure and post the
dimensions of the wood parts so I can fabricate them from stock on
hand? I can handle the fastening and leveling parts myself.

Also, if anyone has successfully modified the table/fence arrangement,
I would like to know what you have done.

Thanks in advance

Brent

The table size changed a number of times over the years. Mine is 44"
x 28" with 20" in front of the fence when clamped in it's normal
position.

Do you need the leveling screw center dimension or are they intact on
your saw?

Frank

Morris Dovey September 6th 06 06:51 PM

Delta radial arm saw table size

(in
) said:

| I recently purchased a circa 1990 Delta Model 10 Deluxe Radial Arm
| Saw, actual model number 33-990, that is missing the table(s) and
| fence. Would someone that has one of these saws please measure and
| post the dimensions of the wood parts so I can fabricate them from
| stock on hand? I can handle the fastening and leveling parts
| myself.
|
| Also, if anyone has successfully modified the table/fence
| arrangement, I would like to know what you have done.

Brent...

Can't help you with the original dimensions; but you have an
opportunity to do some customization aimed at enhancing the saw for
your particular use. I put up a web page at the link below that might
offer a few ideas (my RAS is a ToolKraft; but the mods I made might be
handy without regard to make or model.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

[email protected] September 6th 06 08:28 PM

Delta radial arm saw table size

Thanks to dm012, Frank and Morris for the prompt and valuable
information. I wish I had enough space for the big table that Morris
uses, but will stick close to the dimensions provided by the others.

I have a salvaged piece of 1" fir plywood for the table, and have a
good plan for the leveling screws.

Thanks again......Brent

Morris Dovey wrote:
(in