Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta portable tools

Hi,

I was wondering if Delta still makes some cheap cordless drills and
nailers. I didn't see them in a long time in stores and their website
don't say a word about their portable tool line.

I'm suspecting they've dropped it. Especially after being bought over
by Black & Decker....

Anyone can confirm this information?

Thanks,

Greg D.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"Greg D." wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if Delta still makes some cheap cordless drills and
nailers. I didn't see them in a long time in stores and their website
don't say a word about their portable tool line.

I'm suspecting they've dropped it. Especially after being bought over
by Black & Decker....

Anyone can confirm this information?

Thanks,

Greg D.

Don't know. They were just rebranded P-C anyway. To complete the circle,
P-C sold rebranded Delta table saw.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg D. wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if Delta still makes some cheap cordless drills and
nailers. I didn't see them in a long time in stores and their website
don't say a word about their portable tool line.

Delta and Porter-Cable are the same company. P-C is the handheld stuff,
and Delta's the stationary stuff, usually. But not always.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

I've got a Delta Pneumatic stapler. It's blue but looks an awful lot like a
Porter Cable.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On 4 Sep 2006 12:57:32 -0700, "boorite" wrote:

Delta and Porter-Cable are the same company. P-C is the handheld stuff,
and Delta's the stationary stuff, usually. But not always.

A few years back there was actually a line of drills, etc... branded
Delta. They were blue, as I recall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

On 4 Sep 2006 12:57:32 -0700, "boorite" wrote:

Delta and Porter-Cable are the same company. P-C is the handheld stuff,
and Delta's the stationary stuff, usually. But not always.

A few years back there was actually a line of drills, etc... branded
Delta. They were blue, as I recall.

I've got a pneumatic Delta 18ga brad/staple nailer ... it's blue, and has
been a pretty good brad gun.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg D." wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if Delta still makes some cheap cordless drills and
nailers. I didn't see them in a long time in stores and their website
don't say a word about their portable tool line.

I'm suspecting they've dropped it. Especially after being bought over
by Black & Decker....

Anyone can confirm this information?

I don't have any info to confirm. If you do a Froogle search for Delta
cordless you'll get a few listings from Tools for less and Tyler tool. I
would bet your assumption is correct, B&D probably dropped the line for the
B&D stuff. Lowes used to carry them, but I haven't seen them there for some
time.

Darrell