Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hoverpad / Hoverbench - Anyone have one?

I stubled across this the other day - I think I may pick one up for my belt
sander.

http://www.hoverbench.com/
(No affiliation w/ the company just cuirous about it)

Anyone have one?

--
Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
(remove the _ to get the address)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rob V wrote:
I stubled across this the other day - I think I may pick one up for my belt
sander.

A friend of mine has a large printing press sitting on 4 pucks which
operate the same way.
His biggest beef is the dust that flies everywhere when he uses them.
The other beef, is that the floor needs to be flat... very flat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ps.com...

Rob V wrote:
I stubled across this the other day - I think I may pick one up for my
belt
sander.

A friend of mine has a large printing press sitting on 4 pucks which
operate the same way.
His biggest beef is the dust that flies everywhere when he uses them.
The other beef, is that the floor needs to be flat... very flat.

Interesting. I'm wondering what the cost on one of these is as their
website didn't say and I didn't ask. On their FAQ's
they say the floor doesn't have to be flat, just smooth. Evidently the pad
is flexible and would flex to ride over the imperfections in the floor.
I'd have to see one in action before I bought.
Cheers,
cc