Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 230 Volt Tools

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim wrote:
"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.

HTH

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:01:34 GMT, Robert Allison wrote:
Jim wrote:
"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't
use electricity at all.

Pete

--
.................................................. .........................
.. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .

Posted to rec.woodworking

Peter Lynch wrote:

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't
use electricity at all.

Pete

Pete,
A word of caution; When that tool does use electricity do not pick it
up.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Peter Lynch wrote:
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:01:34 GMT, Robert Allison wrote:
Jim wrote:
"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't
use electricity at all.

Pete

I think you really mean it uses 0 volts.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Peter Lynch" wrote in message

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't
use electricity at all.

Probably works like my cordless screwdriver.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:kO%Fg.11583$kO3.6729
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

"Peter Lynch" wrote in message

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't
use electricity at all.

Probably works like my cordless screwdriver.

Mine has a prybar feature.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.

240 volt hand held tools? The original question was about 230 volt hand
tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim" wrote in message
m...

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what the
Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
om...

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what the
Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Ouch! That really hertz.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what

the
Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Ouch! That really hertz.

With Ed and Larry who needs Abbot and Costello?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/19/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
news
In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
om...

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what

the
Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Ouch! That really hertz.

Ohhhhhhm, stop it.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

They save the other 10Hz in their efforts to be "green". Then recycle them
to make more 50 cycle electricity.
So what was the point of the OP anyway????

wrote in message
news
In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
. com...

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools.
Jim

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what
the
Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Ouch! That really hertz.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking
Al Al is offline

"Don Dando" wrote in news:yeEFg.10755$kO3.4610
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Not at all constrution sites.
In the UK, electric tools and portable lighting at construction sites are
sometimes fed from a centre-tapped system with only 55 V between live
conductors and the earth. This system is used with 110 V equipment and
therefore no neutral conductor is needed. The intention is to reduce the
electrocution hazard that may exist when using electrical equipment at a
wet or outdoor construction site. An incidental benefit is that the
filaments of 110 V incandescent lamps are thicker and therefore
mechanically more rugged and shock-resistant than 230 V lamps.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"Don Dando" wrote in message
om...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

You know, this pointless post certainly did bring a lot of responses!
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:16:55 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

"Don Dando" wrote in message
. com...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

You know, this pointless post certainly did bring a lot of responses!

I've noticed he seems to do that. At first I thought he was a webtv
user, but I checked the headers and it must be something else.

Maybe we could all chip (obligatory wood reference) in a few pennies
apiece to buy him a clue.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"LRod" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:16:55 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

"Don Dando" wrote in message
.com...
Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

You know, this pointless post certainly did bring a lot of responses!

I've noticed he seems to do that. At first I thought he was a webtv
user, but I checked the headers and it must be something else.

Maybe we could all chip (obligatory wood reference) in a few pennies
apiece to buy him a clue.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

He is a troll and this is his shtick. He never responds to those who attempt
to help him.