Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Galooed up multiple mitres in minutes with no clamps! w/pics

"David F. Eisan" said:

This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the
kick plate.

DAGS "Mitre Bond" (also "Froogle") and it looked like all the hits
were from the UK with nothing returned by Froogle. The stuff sounds so
good I was thinking of trying it. Is it available in the US? If so,
any idea where I could pick up some?
Posted to rec.woodworking

so this should be as strong as iron, yes mr Eisan? which the name eisan
is german for iron. like mine which is hebeisen meaning lift iron, like
a crow bar could be a lift iron.
ross hebeisen

Posted to rec.woodworking

if your the one in your neighberhood, who is everyone else there that
is'nt one.
don't forget three fourths of the people in this country make up
seventy five percent of the population.
ross
www.highislandexport.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello everyone,

I am working on the last item to finish in my parents kitchen, the kick
plate. Yes I am still working on their kitchen, but really, the kick plate
is the last item...

There are four separate kick plates and some with funny angles. I had
thought about butt joints with biscuits, or nails or pocket screws. But I
really wanted proper mitres with biscuits, the only problem is, how to
clamp?

Here is a pic of the four boards for one of the kick plates, just a dry fit
with biscuits,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/kickp1.jpg

The only problem is, how do I clamp it?

I decided on Mitre Bond for clamps. I applied glue to most of the joint, the
slot and the biscuit. To clamp the joint I put a drop of Mitre Bond crazy
glue at the top and bottom of one side and activator to the top and bottom
of the other side.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/kickp2.jpg

I pushed the joint together and held it for 10-15 seconds, viola!

The Mitre Bond will act as a clamp while the PVA glue and the biscuit cure.
If you are wondering how strong the Mitre Bond joint is, I picked up the
entire four piece glueup minutes after gluing the last board and everything
was solid. It will be totally solid tomorrow once the PVA and biscuits have
cured.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/kickp3.jpg

I know this sounds totally like an Ad for Mitre Bond and if I were a first
time poster you might think it was. I have been around here for a while so
everyone should know this is the first time I have so blatantly plugged a
product. This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the
kick plate.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/pickp4.jpg

Normal disclosure clause, I have no interest in the product other than
seeing it help others in similar situations.

Thanks,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in mine I'm him!

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

It appears to be no more than CA glue and accelerator. Available at any
hobby shop and most woodworking stores.

"Woodhead" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Veatch" . wrote in message
"David F. Eisan" said:

This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the
kick plate.

DAGS "Mitre Bond" (also "Froogle") and it looked like all the hits
were from the UK with nothing returned by Froogle. The stuff sounds so
good I was thinking of trying it. Is it available in the US? If so,
any idea where I could pick up some?

Maybe a better search engine, I use Copernic Agent.

https://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLP...ARTNUM=109-820

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Veatch" . wrote in message
"David F. Eisan" said:

This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the
kick plate.

DAGS "Mitre Bond" (also "Froogle") and it looked like all the hits
were from the UK with nothing returned by Froogle. The stuff sounds so
good I was thinking of trying it. Is it available in the US? If so,
any idea where I could pick up some?

BRY the information on this particular product indicates it is best used on
light wood woods and trim.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David F. Eisan wrote:
[...]

My my, have you just discovered CA glue and accelerator? LOL!!

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Veatch wrote:
"David F. Eisan" said:

This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the
kick plate.

DAGS "Mitre Bond" (also "Froogle") and it looked like all the hits
were from the UK with nothing returned by Froogle. The stuff sounds so
good I was thinking of trying it. Is it available in the US? If so,
any idea where I could pick up some?

Mitre will give UK results. Miter, US. As the specific product in
question is a British product the availability in the US will be
limited. On the bright side, it is just cyanoacrylate (Crazy Glue) and
a spray activator, so you should be able to find an alternative brand
without trouble.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am working on the last item to finish in my parents kitchen, the kick
plate. Yes I am still working on their kitchen, but really, the kick plate
is the last item...

There are four separate kick plates and some with funny angles. I had
thought about butt joints with biscuits, or nails or pocket screws. But I
really wanted proper mitres with biscuits, the only problem is, how to
clamp?

Here is a pic of the four boards for one of the kick plates, just a dry
fit with biscuits,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/kickp1.jpg

The only problem is, how do I clamp it?

I know it's a little late, but here's how I would have done it. Photo 4 in
the following article (Keepsake boxes) shows a little jig you can make that
should do the trick. You might want to adjust it to your own angles, but
that might not be necessary, either.

http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker...ontentId=3 11

It seemed to work okay for me.

- Owen -