Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shellac work is coming out great

Thanks again to those who recommened Homestead Finishing for my shellac
supplies. I'm sure that there are other fine suppliers out there, but I
am so happy with this store.

For anyone who has done shellac from dry flakes, I would suppose that
I'm preaching to the choir. But wow, what a difference from the
store-bought premade liquid versions!

And even the 0000 steel wool is fantastic. I would have never guessed
that it would make a difference. I mean, steel wool is steel wool,
isn't it? But obviously not.

Well anyway, thanks again. I don't want this to sound like a commercial
for that store, but I am absolutely thrilled with the products I bought
there. The ultra pale shellac is not cheap, but boy .. is it worth it.

I haven't yet tried some of his other products, but I will in the
future. I forget the guy's name ... but he's very polite and helpful on
the phone. Made it so easy to get my order straight.

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Thanks again to those who recommened Homestead Finishing for my

shellac
supplies. I'm sure that there are other fine suppliers out there,

but I
am so happy with this store.

Beginning to think I should never have left Ohio.

These people are within 5 miles of where I lived before coming west.

Needed some bees wax.

Where did I get a fair deal?

From a bee keeper who lives less than 25 miles from where I grew up
as a kid.

Small bloody world.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

I was *one* of the people who recommended that site, so you're welcome!
grin

The guy whose name you can't remember...that's a guy named Jeff Jewitt.
When it comes to finishing, he's pretty much the man in this country.
He wrote the book. In fact, several. Definitely someone you would
want to know. He makes his own line of dye stains that are excellent
as well.

No affiliation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Well, thanks again! I'm beginning to think that I'll become a real fan
of shellac. It's easy and oh so nice.

Try some brushable lacquer. The fumes will kill you but it's a very
nice finish.

Should I use Shellac? eclipsme Woodworking 17 July 23rd 06 09:21 PM
Shellac preparation [email protected] Woodworking 7 April 26th 05 08:36 PM
Shellac composition [email protected] Woodworking 11 April 19th 05 06:29 PM
Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
O'Deen's Shellac instructions (reposted) Patriarch Woodworking 5 February 17th 05 05:43 AM