Posted to rec.woodworking

Default LOOK here ...

Sorry: www.e-woodshop.net/projects10.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Sorry: www.e-woodshop.net/projects10.htm

Maybe you didn't mention it or were purposely avoiding saying so. What did
the multi-router cost you? Had a look on their website but all it states is
to phone them for purchase information. That scares me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message
Sorry: www.e-woodshop.net/projects10.htm

Maybe you didn't mention it or were purposely avoiding saying so. What did
the multi-router cost you? Had a look on their website but all it states

is
to phone them for purchase information. That scares me.

I figured most folks were aware that the price is, indeed, considered scary
when contemplated for use by the average, garage shop, woodworker ... $2699
for the basic unit, no templates, no router, no bits, no stand.

Highland Hardware is one of the few retailers, and they just act as a
middleman.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...OD&ProdID=1952

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

I figured most folks were aware that the price is, indeed, considered

scary
when contemplated for use by the average, garage shop, woodworker ...

$2699
for the basic unit, no templates, no router, no bits, no stand.

Looking at some of the prices of wrenches and stuff in an earlier thread, I
guess that price doesn't seem all that bad. The payoff is that you appear to
like the ease that it does some things. At the very least, it eases the
cry-once experience.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote in message

I figured most folks were aware that the price is, indeed, considered
scarywhen contemplated for use by the average, garage shop,
woodworker ... $2699 for the basic unit, no templates, no router,
no bits, no stand.

Looking at some of the prices of wrenches and stuff in an earlier thread,

guess that price doesn't seem all that bad. The payoff is that you appear

like the ease that it does some things. At the very least, it eases the
cry-once experience.

It's all relative ... not being afraid to invest in excellent tools pays, in
both time spent, and in a better end product.

I still own a recording studio and paying twice the Multi-router price for a
good microphone is something I wouldn't give a second thought to ... and it
would take $12,000 to pry the bass I continue to play out of my hands, which
has made me many times that figure down through the years.

I've yet to talk/exchange messages with a Multi-router owner who hasn't
stated that the machine has paid for itself and then continues to make them
money. In my case, and particularly since woodworking paid for it, I
wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have plans for it to do the same for me.

Of course, "The best laid plans ..." ... but you gotta take risks to get
anywhere in this world.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/30/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Sorry: www.e-woodshop.net/projects10.htm

Very nice Sir. I suspect that after having tried the numerous shop built
jigs and having found success with using the Multirouter that the bitter
pill of buying the Multirouter may soon be forgotten. It's really neat to
have a more exotic tool in the shop that accomplishes something with much
less effort and far more precision. Enjoy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message
Sorry: www.e-woodshop.net/projects10.htm

Very nice Sir. I suspect that after having tried the numerous shop built
jigs and having found success with using the Multirouter that the bitter
pill of buying the Multirouter may soon be forgotten. It's really neat
to have a more exotic tool in the shop that accomplishes something with
much less effort and far more precision. Enjoy.

And it may well be the only thing us mere mortals will ever do that is the
same as Dick Marks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

And it may well be the only thing us mere mortals will ever do that is the
same as Dick Marks.

So uh, you don't see a Lexington class air craft carrier "Jointer" in your
future? LOL.

David Marks and I both use the same type air hose IIRC. ;~)