Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where To Buy Dewaxed Shellac in Northern Virginia

I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

"sanding sealer" that will be with the shellac. That is between 1# and
1 1/2# (depending on who you believe) dewaxed shellac.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Hope he has better luck than I have. No Borg carries it here. Every other
Zinsser product but not this one.

wrote in message
oups.com...
"sanding sealer" that will be with the shellac. That is between 1# and
1 1/2# (depending on who you believe) dewaxed shellac.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Zinsser "SealCoat" is dewaxed shellac. According to Zinsser's web site
it looks like "Duron Paints & Wall Coverings" would be the best bet in
your area.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Buck Turgidson wrote:

I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Is there a Sears nearby?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article Nsswg.2191$5H.1102@dukeread06,
Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Don't know of a source in NoVa but in Baltimore we have a local paint
store chain named Budeke's that has it. Check out Zinsser's web site
or google for Bullseye Sealcoat Zinsser to find their site. I can't
remember if they had a dealer locator or if I emailed them to find out
who stocked it, but they will answer. In fact, when the product was
first released, a company rep (IIRC he was the president or CEO or
some upper manager type) even posted about it here on the rec.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sanding sealer" that will be with the shellac. That is between 1# and
1 1/2# (depending on who you believe) dewaxed shellac.

Thanks. Found it at the blue BORG, which is not nearly as close as the
orange ones. The orange ones in my area are really poorly stocked,
unorganized, dirty picked-over merchandise. If I were a stockholder, I'd be
pretty mad about how they manage those stores compared to Lowes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:34:56 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one
seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before
staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Have you tried Woodcraft?
(703) 912-6727 6123 Backlick Rd, Springfield

If not there, then in the same shopping center try Fischer Hardware,
(703) 451-3700 HTH. - Igor