DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HVLP spraying of oil based poly. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/169811-hvlp-spraying-oil-based-poly.html)

Mark July 20th 06 03:38 PM

HVLP spraying of oil based poly.

Hi Gang,
Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended
spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying
oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions....
thanks
Mark

David July 20th 06 05:35 PM

Mark wrote:
Hi Gang,
Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended
spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying
oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions....
thanks
Mark

It's messy (the overspray--sticky), but other than that, poly sprays
fine. Having said that, I mostly spray waterbornes.

Dave

JGS July 21st 06 12:54 PM

HVLP spraying of oil based poly.

I have had no problems spraying OB poly. The one concern is the longer dry
time allowing for more things to fall on the surface and get stuck in the
finish. Cheers, JG
ups.com...