Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP spraying of oil based poly.

Hi Gang,
Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended
spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying
oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions....
thanks
Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark wrote:
Hi Gang,
Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended
spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying
oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions....
thanks
Mark

It's messy (the overspray--sticky), but other than that, poly sprays
fine. Having said that, I mostly spray waterbornes.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

I have had no problems spraying OB poly. The one concern is the longer dry
time allowing for more things to fall on the surface and get stuck in the
finish. Cheers, JG
"Mark" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Gang,
Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended
spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying
oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions....
thanks
Mark

Water based poly problem update Brian Mahaney Woodworking 3 February 24th 06 02:58 AM
spraying poly? Renata Woodworking 18 October 25th 05 06:32 PM
Can we use water based finish on oil based finish for maintenance coats? John Smith Woodworking 6 April 28th 04 05:45 PM
' Help! Rough surface after poly coat!' Ron Magen Woodworking 0 October 1st 03 01:49 PM
Water Based Sealer and Oil based Poly? James Murphy Home Repair 1 August 5th 03 06:10 AM