Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router fence micro adjust recommendations?

Anyone have a suggestion for a good router fence that can
do quick accurate fence adjustments on both halves? Or
plans to make one? I looked at a few online but haven't seen
a good source for comparison. I'm using shims now but it's
not the fastest most flexible method around.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion for a good router fence that can
do quick accurate fence adjustments on both halves? Or
plans to make one? I looked at a few online but haven't seen
a good source for comparison. I'm using shims now but it's
not the fastest most flexible method around.

http://patwarner.com/routerfence.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion for a good router fence that can
do quick accurate fence adjustments on both halves? Or
plans to make one? I looked at a few online but haven't seen
a good source for comparison. I'm using shims now but it's
not the fastest most flexible method around.

http://patwarner.com/routerfence.html

Do you have any experience with it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Fletis Humplebacker" nope wrote in message
RayV wrote:
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion for a good router fence that can
do quick accurate fence adjustments on both halves? Or
plans to make one? I looked at a few online but haven't seen
a good source for comparison. I'm using shims now but it's
not the fastest most flexible method around.

http://patwarner.com/routerfence.html

Do you have any experience with it?

If Pat says it is good, it is good.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

I've never used the Pat Warner fence but have used other products by him. I
would have to agree. If I were in the market for a fence of this type, I
wouldn't hesitate. Good guy to deal with and his work is top of the line.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

If Pat says it is good, it is good.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

Anyone have a suggestion for a good router fence that can
do quick accurate fence adjustments on both halves? Or
plans to make one? I looked at a few online but haven't seen
a good source for comparison. I'm using shims now but it's
not the fastest most flexible method around.

JoinTech's Cabinet Maker System!

http://www.jointech.com/woodworking1.htm

Split fence, independently adjustable

Easily replacable zero clearance inserts - and you can usually
get two profiles per insert by flipping it over. Significantly
reduces or eliminates a part being pulled behind the fence
face and as well as split out.

Fence has dust collector port on one end

Fence has grooves on top for hold downs, measuring tapes etc.

Fence positioning system has three modes
- unlocked and quickly moveable by hand
- semi-locked where fence can be moved back in forth in thousands
click increments
- fully locked - ridgid - NO movement

Fence positioning system has T-grooves in it's top for measuring
tape AND spacing templates for finger joints and through as well
as half blind dovetails. A cross hair - inscribed in both the top
as well as the bottom of lexan to eliminate parallax problems
when setting the fence position.

You can evolve a router table fence to meet a specific current
need - or - you can start with this and grow into it, finding new
uses as you design and build projects.

I picked one up at a woodworking show in 2000 and it's been
getting a work out since then. JoinTech is in San Antonio and
good folks to do business with - always helpfula and friendly.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlie b wrote:
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

[...]

I like that one! Looks like what I was looking for without
knowing exactly what I was looking for. Just ordered the
1232 cabinet maker's system. Thanks much.