Posted to rec.woodworking
D@H D@H is offline

Default Which bit to use for oak

Hi,1st,post in here.

I have a couple of old oak barrels that have been outside in all elements,
rather than throow them aside, I want to cut holes in the sides and use them
as Strawberry/Herb planters; I used a Hole saw to cut through a couple of
holes and unfortunately, these have been blunted very quickly, I wondered if
there is a specific bit that would cut through without blunting as quickly
as these did?

Posted to rec.woodworking
D@H D@H is offline

I think Phisherman has hit the nail on the head here,I don't kknoe the brand
name, but it is very cheaply made.

Thanks for reply's

Posted to rec.woodworking

Go to a tool store and buy a carbide tipped hole saw

Pete