Posted to rec.woodworking

Default woman needs reciprocating saw

Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that
does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that
does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Depends on how high and just how big the limbs are.
Search Amazon for Milwaukee 6509-22 or Poulan 810EPT Electric Pole Pruner

The 6509-22 is very versital but the Poulan maybe a better choice if you
have to do this more than once. Maybe a local equipment rental yard might
be better yet.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

I also use a recip saw for limbs and highly recommend them. I would suggest
just going to your local tool supplier (i.e. Home Depot/Lowes, etc) and see
how they feel.

You might consider a cordless model for convenience, but remember that the
battery adds weight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

if it is a reciprocating saw you have your mind set to, check Harbor
Freight for under 20 bucks can't beat the price. iv'e got one and it's
not bad
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com,
wrote:

Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that
does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

I use this saw for branches up to 7" in diameter.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,42706,40721
&ap=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

Also note that you can get a blade for the recip which is similar to a
D saw, designed specifically for fast cutting of branches and the like.
I have one from True Value Hardware - I think it's 9 or 12" long.

Tom

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that
does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

I use this saw for branches up to 7" in diameter.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,42706,40721
&ap=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello, I need to cut heavy branches and need a reciprocating saw that
does the job without being too heavy. Any recommendations? Thank you.

How "heavy"? perhaps an electric chainsaw..otherwise, in a recip for
branches: whatever they're selling at Costco