Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
pc pc is offline

Default Got Lufkin Leader/Anchor Parts?

I have a really neat, almost brand new leather bound 25' Lufkin
"Chrome Clad" tape measure that my father (rest his soul) gave me
about 25 years ago. My spouse, bless her empty head, was using it one
day when it came apart. I was out of town at the time and didn't
learn of the event for weeks. By then the missing parts were noplace
to be found.

Lufkin has been bought by another company (Weber?) and they don't
stock parts for the old stuff.

If anybody has an old, beat up or broken Lufkin Leader or Anchor tape,
I'd love to get the two parts that hold the crank in from the backside
of the tape.

Both are slotted for a tool such as a screwdriver. One actually holds
the crank onto the reel, the other is the push button that ejects the
crank from the housing. The button sits concentrically within the
other part.