Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for feathers and plug, feathers and wedge, feathers and iron??

This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of
feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would
be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

jbclem wrote:
This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of
feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would
be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,2180,41007

They are an excellent company with which to do business.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jay Pique wrote:
jbclem wrote:
This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of
feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would
be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,2180,41007

They are an excellent company with which to do business.

Trow and Holden has the 3/4" feathers and wedges at $5 a set. Lee
Valley's is more than three times as much. T&W also has the long sets
- then it's just a question if the OP can drill large enough holes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
jbclem wrote:
This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of
feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would
be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,2180,41007

They are an excellent company with which to do business.

Trow and Holden has the 3/4" feathers and wedges at $5 a set. Lee
Valley's is more than three times as much. T&W also has the long sets
- then it's just a question if the OP can drill large enough holes.

You are correct, and you are correct, and your question is valid. 3x
is a significant mark-up for a company generally known for being
reasonably priced.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

snip
You are correct, and you are correct, and your question is valid. 3x
is a significant mark-up for a company generally known for being
reasonably priced.

JP

Its all a question of supply and demand. LV may have them but how many
could they possible sell in a year?
The faster moving stuff seems to be priced properly.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

jbclem wrote:
This may not be quite the place for this question, but I'm looking for a source of
feathers and plug (wedge, iron) used for splitting rocks and concrete. Used ones would
be fine but I need them for 12" depth holes. Any suggestions?

jc

Lee Valley, Feathers and Irons, not sure about the depth though
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...180,41007&ap=1
Joe