Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mini scaffold advice?

Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

wrote in message
Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Don't have any experience with scaffolds, but whenever I see mention of one,
I think of the Little Giant ladder and it's scaffold capabilities. Guess
that shows the effectiveness of some TV ads.

Posted to rec.woodworking
roemax

Perry makes a couple of rolling units 4 foot and 6 foot
I have been using on to paint on all week
nice little piece
"Upscale" wrote in message
wrote in message
Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Don't have any experience with scaffolds, but whenever I see mention of

one,
I think of the Little Giant ladder and it's scaffold capabilities. Guess
that shows the effectiveness of some TV ads.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The "roemax" entity posted thusly:

Perry makes a couple of rolling units 4 foot and 6 foot
I have been using on to paint on all week
nice little piece
"Upscale" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in message
Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Don't have any experience with scaffolds, but whenever I see mention of

one,
I think of the Little Giant ladder and it's scaffold capabilities. Guess
that shows the effectiveness of some TV ads.

It also shows the observational skills of anyone who sees a Little
Giant. That is one SERIOUSLY great ladder. Wish I could justify the
price of one.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message

It also shows the observational skills of anyone who sees a Little
Giant. That is one SERIOUSLY great ladder. Wish I could justify the
price of one.

It is a flexible ladder all right, but that does not come without a cost. I
used one for a day while installing a sound system in a Panella's Bread
shop. What a pain in the butt it was. It's heavy and awkward.
Reconfiguring it - even simply trying to close it up so it can be moved, is
a real pain. There were a ton of folks working in the place the day we
installed the sound system so we had to work around electricians who were
also working up in the ceiling, carpenters who were installing booths and
railings, painters (that was brilliant!), etc., which meant we didn't have
unlimited space all to ourselves. I wished I had just brought my 8 foot
step ladder. Much easier to move about. In fact on the second store that I
installed, I did exactly that.

I always thought the Little Giant looked pretty cool on TV, but I'll never
spend the money on one, or the knock offs either.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
What a pain in the butt it was. It's heavy and awkward.
Reconfiguring it - even simply trying to close it up so it can be moved,

is
a real pain.

On first thought, I'd have figured it was reasonably light. I guess though
with all the parts within parts, it all adds up to being heavier than one
would think. From what you've stated, it sounds like it's a versatile
ladder, but one that's more useful being used in one position for longer
periods of time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
What a pain in the butt it was. It's heavy and awkward.
Reconfiguring it - even simply trying to close it up so it can be moved,

is
a real pain.

On first thought, I'd have figured it was reasonably light. I guess though
with all the parts within parts, it all adds up to being heavier than one
would think. From what you've stated, it sounds like it's a versatile
ladder, but one that's more useful being used in one position for longer
periods of time.

Yeah - I should have been more specific about that. Since I was moving
about all the time (working in the ceiling grid), it was not at all handy.
Compound that with the fact that I had to "fold it up" frequently, it became
a first rate pain. But... if you don't have to do so much moving about, it
could be a good tool.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Taylor

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message

[...]

HAHAHHA I can relate to that Panella's Bread fiasco! I do the network
cabling for a lot of Starbucks. (I hate Starbucks) It's the same way there.
10 trades in the same confined space and the alarm guy is cussing his Little
Giant. Nope, ya can't use my fiberglass ladder, I'm on it for the rest of
the day!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

Looks like most of your answers were about 'Ladders'.

Toward the end a couple of people mentioned a 'Werner' scaffold. It sounded
similar to mine, but a little more complicated & expensive.

While I have a couple of ladders {the typical 6 footers} and a couple of
'step ladders' {the 3 footers}, many times you need something bit shorter.
You know . . . when you grab a chair and it gets wobbly as you reach ?

Several months ago I was in the local HD for some item, and I saw a display
of flat boxes with one mini-scaffold beside it. The 'sample' was heavy gauge
Aluminum with steel 'locks'{like the Little Giant}. . . and marked with an
incredibly low price !! {I had already gotten a 'Gorilla' knock-off of the
'Little Giant' and was well satisfied}. I checked with the Commercial Desk
to be SURE the pricing was correct - with no 'catches'. It was and I bought
one. After trying it out at home - I went back and bought another one !!

About 4 ft long and about a foot+ wide. About 2 ft high {extendable?}when
'unfolded' with a folding & removable 'paint / tool' shelf. At $39 I
COULDN'T pass it up !!

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

wrote in message
Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jay Pique" wrote:

That unit, and ones like it, are outstanding. They fold flat, are
lightweight, very maneuverable and can be configured at a couple of
different heights depending on what you're doing. I highly recommend
one.

yeah that's probably what I will get

I wish it were made of aluminum tho and even lighter
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ron Magen" wrote:

About 4 ft long and about a foot+ wide. About 2 ft high {extendable?}when
'unfolded' with a folding & removable 'paint / tool' shelf. At $39 I
COULDN'T pass it up !!

Have a link to it so I can see what it is?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

The 'instructions' are buried somewhere. However, when I came back to the
office I saw the wrapper / advertisement - in fact have it in front of me,
now.

One of the reasons I bought them with a fair degree of confidence is the
manufacturer. 'HUSKY' and BOTH the name & logo have the 'registered
trademark' cartouche - so I know it's NOT a 'knock-off'.

I would 'Google' for 'Husky . . The Toughest Name in Tools'. Once on the
site, look for 'Adjustable Work Platform' and a part number of 492 465.

By the way, I was correct about the 'adjustable height' - 20.75 inches and
31.25 inches.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard boatshop

wrote in message
"Ron Magen" wrote:

About 4 ft long and about a foot+ wide. About 2 ft high {extendable?}when
'unfolded' with a folding & removable 'paint / tool' shelf. At $39 I
COULDN'T pass it up !!

Have a link to it so I can see what it is?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"IBM5081" wrote:

Depends on your definition of "small" "compact" and "mini" If it takes
two people to move it, it's just heavy while it is substantially
smaller than full-framed scaffolding. It will roll through doorways and
can be used on stairs by lowering one end.

Understood

Want 2 foot deep by 4 foot high by 4 foot long
Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence

I would 'Google' for 'Husky . . The Toughest Name in Tools'. Once on the
site, look for 'Adjustable Work Platform' and a part number of 492 465.

I tried, but I couldn't find 'Adjustable Work Platform' anywhere, let alone
the part number.
I started he http://huskytools.com/husky/home.html. Can you please
navigate me to where you were looking?

- Owen -

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"IBM5081" writes:

About 2 years ago, I was in Tractor Supply and found a small scaffold
for $200. All steel, painted yellow, 6' long, 30" wide and adjusts to
6' tall, lockable swivel wheels. Disassembles to 30"x72"x6" - each end
piece has ladder rungs. It's not the conventional scaffolding with the
X-braces.

This style of scaffold is available for about $160 at Menards. I'm pretty
sure it is made in China.

I just bought one of these from someone on Craigslist locally a few weeks
ago for $95. Mine is a Bil-Jax and I think made in the USA.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Owen Lawrence" wrote:

I tried, but I couldn't find 'Adjustable Work Platform' anywhere, let alone
the part number.

Here is an aluminum version but VERY pricey

http://tinyurl.com/rlwkd

Here is the $99 steel version at Lowe's and HD

http://tinyurl.com/njy9t