Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Can it get any uglier?

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
KENDALL SEYBERT

Their marketeers are probably telling the designers that they need to focus
on those folks in their late teens and early 20's who are starting to buy
their own power tools!

--Jim

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tex

In article . com,
says...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

That is FUNNY! Thanks Ed, for the laugh.

I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a
funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it.
Can you imagine the laughs you'd get (aimed at you!) if you had one of
those on your bench. Or, worse, if you were on a job and pulled one out
of your toolbox -- you'd be buying afterwork beers for a long, long
time!

Tex
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Actually a pretty nice saw. Glad I got mine before the fixation with tennis
shoes struck the designers. It looks like the curvy, multi colored, imbedded
rubber look might be catching. My wife bought me a new stapler the other day
that looks like it was designed by Hitachi.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Hmm, should make for a bargain price at a yard sale in a couple of
years.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

RUN.!!!!!! It's the GREEN HORNET!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote in message
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Charlie b hit the nail on the head, as usual, yesterday in his post titled:
"Spinning the word 'Innovative".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Tex" wrote in message

I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a
funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it.

It is a penguin in a Darth Vader mask, at Carnival in Rio, getting humped by
a drunken wasp, isn't it?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Same thing these people were thinking except these people still hold the
UGLY title.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...8,179&ei=UTF-8

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article , "Leon" wrote:

Same thing these people were thinking except these people still hold the
UGLY title.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...%2Fimages.sear
ch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dcitroen%26sp %3D1%26fr2%3Dsp-top%26toggle%3
D1%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3DFP-tab-img-t%26ei%3DUTF-8%26SpellState%3Dn-3051960595_q-
iUJYg%2FXlXqDckt0i.Y5f4AABAA%40%40&w=400&h=130&im gurl=www.automarken.info%2Fmod
elle%2Fimg%2Fcitroen_ds1.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fww w.automarken.info%2Fmodelle%2F
citroen_ds.shtml&size=8.2kB&name=citroen_ds1.jpg& p=citroen&type=jpeg&no=19&tt=5
68,179&ei=UTF-8

Are you talking about the page content, or the URL ?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

Robatoy wrote:
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

At least it would be difficult to lose in the shop.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

This is just the thing I need to scare the mouse out of the shop.
He's sure not afraid of me. A little while ago he popped under the
door, looked at me with a "You're *still* working on that?" look and
then scurried off again. A one eyed iguana eating a jig saw should do
the trick.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Had a buddy got blind one night drunk and wandered into a tattoo
parlor for a couple few too many hours.

The result looked more or less like that jigsaw.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Swingman wrote:

"Tex" wrote in message

I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a
funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it.

It is a penguin in a Darth Vader mask, at Carnival in Rio, getting humped by
a drunken wasp, isn't it?

Somebody _really_ should send that description to the manufacturer!

Ether there will be an _immediate_ product re-design, or they'll pick it up
as a marketing theme.

Maybe next they'll do a palm sander that looks like a flying turtle.
People could nickname it 'Mothra'.

Posted to rec.woodworking
sweetsawdust

In case you haven't gotten the idea yet, it is an antitheft feature. No
self-respecting thief would be caught dead stealing something that ugly. Of
course there may not be many to steal as ugly as they are.
"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Robatoy" wrote

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

I looked at that thing and gasped.

I could only think of one thing.

Would I put my hand in such a thing?

And if I was stupid enough to do so, would I get any fingers back?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Swingman wrote:
"Tex" wrote in message

I can't decide whether it a big, ugly caterpillar trying to injest a
funky-looking saber saw or one trying to do something obscene to it.

It is a penguin in a Darth Vader mask, at Carnival in Rio, getting humped by
a drunken wasp, isn't it?

You, sir, owe me a new keyboard.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"sweetsawdust" wrote in message
In case you haven't gotten the idea yet, it is an antitheft feature. No
self-respecting thief would be caught dead stealing something that ugly.
Of
course there may not be many to steal as ugly as they are.

A variation on JOAT's yellow paint theme?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

CW wrote:
Actually a pretty nice saw.

That's one of the things that gets me... it may very well be a an
excellent saw.... but it's so damned hard to look at it in a serious
light.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Looks like a kid's athletic shoe. At least it would be easy to spot
your stolen jig saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

Maybe next they'll do a palm sander that looks like a flying turtle.
People could nickname it 'Mothra'.

They already have.

Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

Leon wrote:
"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

Maybe next they'll do a palm sander that looks like a flying turtle.
People could nickname it 'Mothra'.

They already have.

Not to be pedantic about this BUT Mothra was a giant moth. The flying
turtle with flames shooting from its ass was Gamera. Sheesh! Don't
you guys know anything?

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Robatoy wrote:
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Looks like crabs mating.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A conscience does not prevent sin. It
only prevents you from enjoying it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

They have recently done the same to their routers. Been thinking seriously
of getting their big one before old stock dries up.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

CW wrote:
Actually a pretty nice saw.

That's one of the things that gets me... it may very well be a an
excellent saw.... but it's so damned hard to look at it in a serious
light.

Posted to rec.woodworking
New Wave Dave

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Samurai Saber Saw!

--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking
HDRDTD

At least people will probably NOT want to borrow it.

Like painting your favorite pliers pink.

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Looks like crabs mating.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A conscience does not prevent sin. It
only prevents you from enjoying it.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to rec.woodworking
John

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:42:40 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Same thing these people were thinking except these people still hold the
UGLY title.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...8,179&ei=UTF-8

Yeah, I always thought that was a pretty ugly car. But it's an ugly-duckling,
didn't-grow-up-to-be-pretty, passive sort of ugly. You can just ignore it.
The Hitachi saw OTOH is a wild, screaming-in-your-face, look-at-me sort of ugly
that you can't ignore.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John
Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Leon wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Same thing these people were thinking except these people still hold the
UGLY title.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...8,179&ei=UTF-8

You call that ugly? That's not ugly. THIS
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/cItROeNeT/utilities/2cv-camionette/2cvan.html is
_ugly_.

In answer to the question "what kind of car should a person living in NYC
have" the editors of Road & Track once responded "A Citroen 2CV corrugated
van--it's small enough that you can sometimes find room to park it, the
suspension system can deal with NYC potholes, it doesn't use much gas, it
is so ugly that nobody would want to steal it, when it gets dents in it
nobody can tell, and with 18 horsepower you never have to worry about a
speeding ticket."

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

I remember my dad's power tools... metal cases, no paint, mylar, graphics.. they
just worked..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"mac davis" wrote in message

I remember my dad's power tools... snip.. they just worked..

Gasp ... we can't have that in this culture where appearances count most.
You best turn yourself in to have your RAM purged, immediately.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Swingman wrote:

Gasp ... we can't have that in this culture where appearances

count most.
You best turn yourself in to have your RAM purged, immediately.

Talk about BFU, have you seen some of the vehicles on the road?

Worse than a multi flag job.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Beresnikow

mac davis wrote:
On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

why do I get visions of 'jogging shoes' in my mind when I look at the
picture of this saw? !! :-(
--
Regards,

Ed
(remove lid to reply)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On 17 Jun 2006 09:07:39 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:

http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu

Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

Good heavens, it looks like grasshoppers mating!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:55:54 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"sweetsawdust" wrote in message
.. .
In case you haven't gotten the idea yet, it is an antitheft feature. No
self-respecting thief would be caught dead stealing something that ugly.
Of
course there may not be many to steal as ugly as they are.

A variation on JOAT's yellow paint theme?

It'll make JOAT's tools attractive to his sons. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:08:51 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Swingman wrote:

Gasp ... we can't have that in this culture where appearances

count most.
You best turn yourself in to have your RAM purged, immediately.

Talk about BFU, have you seen some of the vehicles on the road?

You mean like the Honda Element?

Worse than a multi flag job.

????

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
You mean like the Honda Element?

What's wrong with the Honda Element? I like them quite a bit and am
seriously considering buying one. I don't care much for looks, it's utility
and capability that I'm interested in.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:47:51 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
You mean like the Honda Element?

What's wrong with the Honda Element? I like them quite a bit and am
seriously considering buying one. I don't care much for looks, it's utility
and capability that I'm interested in.

It will probably meet your needs then. My remark was in response to its
looks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:47:51 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
You mean like the Honda Element?

What's wrong with the Honda Element? I like them quite a bit and am
seriously considering buying one. I don't care much for looks, it's utility
and capability that I'm interested in.

It will probably meet your needs then. My remark was in response to its
looks.

Mine is Orange. My mom calls it 'The Orange Crate'.

Made in Ohio, BTW. The transmission and engine are imported.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Sat, Jun 17, 2006, 9:07am (EDT-3) (Robatoy) doth
poseth:
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:
http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu
Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

I hate those tiny urls, they always die after a day or two, like a
cheap goldfish.
http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...ath=,6,41,p533

ROTFLMAO That thing looks like something that just hatched in
Jurrasic Park - maybe the designer's been watching too many re-runs of
old Godzilla movies.. Either paint it yellow and forget it, or cut the
cord off and give it to your kid to play with.

When I first read the subject line I thought you were asking if
"you" could get any uglier. I'll pass on commenting.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"J T" wrote in message
G... Ed mentioned earlier that he wouldn't get a Hitachi router
because it was too ugly...well check this fine work of art:
http://tinyurl.com/rmzxu
Man0man....what ARE these people thinking?

It looks like a child's running shoe that's had a collision with a can of
green paint. Maybe Hitachi is trying to appeal to the pre-teenage market. No
way it's going to appeal to any segment of the professional market. All the
professional woodworkers I know would get laughed into seclusion if they
showed up to work with one of these.