Posted to rec.woodworking
patrick mitchel

Default wood suppliers- turning blanks- bend oregon?

a bud recently moved to near Bend and was trying to hook up with a locally
harvested wood source in that neck o the woods. Any links? TIA Pat

Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message
a bud recently moved to near Bend and was trying to hook up with a locally
harvested wood source in that neck o the woods. Any links? TIA Pat

Been a couple of years since I've been out there but I worked out in that
area for several years (Christmas Valley) and stayed in Bend. Just about 5
min drive south of Bend is Sun River. Each year they have an Arts and Crafts
festival with lot's of artisans and craftsmen showing and demonstrating
their talents. He'll have no problem hooking up with the local talent and
finding out where everyone else gets their wood and supplies.

There are a number of active sawmills in the area around Crater Lake (about
1.5hrs south of Bend) and there used to be some logging going on in the
"Sister's" area just NW of Bend. Bend also has a great web site which I
believe lists all the local businesses.

I would move back there in a flash. It used to be one of the world's best
kept secrets for the place to live but then those Californians discovered
that Bend had an unending supply of water and they all moved there I think.
Went from a nice town of 19,000 to over 50,000 in about 10 years.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"BobS" wrote:

I would move back there in a flash. It used to be one of the world's
best kept secrets for the place to live but then those Californians
discovered that Bend had an unending supply of water and they all
moved there I think. Went from a nice town of 19,000 to over 50,000 in
about 10 years.

But Christmas Valley is still pretty much the way it was. Californians like
to cluster and the 'latte' at the gas station in CV is ...
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rudy

I would move back there in a flash. It used to be one of the world's best
kept secrets for the place to live but then those Californians discovered
that Bend had an unending supply of water and they all moved there I
think. Went from a nice town of 19,000 to over 50,000 in about 10 years.

"Call someplace 'Paradise', kiss it goodbye.."

Last Resort, the Eagles