Posted to rec.woodworking
Dukester

Default NYW miter staion - finally finished

Pics over on a.b.p.ww. of the NYW miter station I finally finished. I'll
add a few more details here that I remembered and didn't include on the
description there.

The miter joints on the red oak banding are splined 'cause I didn't have a
biscuit joiner at the time. I thought I was being clever doing it this way
until I tried thinking of how I was going to cut the actual spline groove on
an 8'+ piece of red oak! It's not like you can stand that sucker on end and
run it down the fence! So (as I recall) I made some temporary extensions to
the tablesaw and a special sled that would accomodate this piece. Biscuits
would have been easier but the splines add that "homemade" touch. I think
you can see them in the photo of the cutout area. I ended up getting a
biscuit joiner to add the red oak edges to the miter extensions. Easy as
pie to use and had it done in 15 minutes, but the splines were more fun to
make.

Cheers!
Dukester

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dukester

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice! And of course, you got to keep the biscuit joiner? Tom
Dukester wrote:

Yep, and I'm going to experiment with it on some picture frames my wife
wanted.

Cheers!
Dukester

Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

How does one find a.b.p.ww

Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

How does one find a.b.p.ww

Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

On 8 Jun 2006 06:35:31 -0700, "henry" wrote:

How does one find a.b.p.ww

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You'll find in the list of groups that your newsserver carries. Of
course, not every newsserver carrys every group.
Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:54:07 -0500, "Dukester"
wrote:

[...]

Nice work. Something to be very proud of.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dukester

"henry" wrote in message
ups.com...
How does one find a.b.p.ww

If your server doesn't carry the alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking group try

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

Cheers!
Dukester

Miter gauge... Swampbug Woodworking 20 April 25th 06 03:25 AM
Miter saw rigidity brianlanning Woodworking 13 December 21st 05 04:18 PM
Bathroom's finished - woohoo!! Pecanfan UK diy 8 May 25th 05 05:59 PM
Desk Finally Finished Philski Woodworking 0 May 11th 05 04:54 AM
Ridgid TS miter slot and Delta miter gauge? Sammy Woodworking 0 October 4th 03 01:47 PM