Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B

Default Hello

I'm new here, so will just lurk a while. I have some questions about
projects I am doing, and will ask at the appropriate time. I'm mostly a
welder, but am incorporating wood into my creations. I mostly make custom
wrought iron pot racks, and am going to try some new ideas.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

There is a lot of good information in the archives here and those
archives can be readily accessed and searched with a lot of different
access ports, not the least being plain old Google.

I would suggest when you have a question that you do the search first,
and you might be really surprised at how my times others have asked the
same ones before you, and it is a lot faster.

Welcome.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
JLarsson

Steve B wrote:
I'm new here, so will just lurk a while. I have some questions about
projects I am doing, and will ask at the appropriate time. I'm mostly a
welder, but am incorporating wood into my creations. I mostly make custom
wrought iron pot racks, and am going to try some new ideas.

Thanks

Steve

Wow! How much pot do you have to have to need a rack for it?

All kidding aside, welcome, Steve. I mostly lurk here as well. There
is a lot of great woodworking information as well as a lot of "flaming
good entertainment" as long as you are not the subject.

Hope you enjoy the wreck.

JLarsson

Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Welcome to the zoo - er - wREC(k). I'm betting that
someone, or several Arts & Crafts / Stickley / Greene
& Greene fans will be asking you if you make, or are
willing to make, furniture hardwares - hinges, door/drawer
pulls, straps etc.. The neanders (hand tool fanatics) will
start asking you about hardening steel and cryo treatments.

If you can work some wood into your pieces you can
be a mixed medium artist - always worth a bit more
money if "artist" can be worked into your title.

You can search Google's archive of messages posted to
this group at
http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&ie=UTF-8

"search for groups"
and fill in
rec.woodworking
and maybe
crafts.metalworking

There are no dumb questions
if
you really want to know
and
if you've made the effort to find the answer(s)
that may already be out there on the web.

Look foreward to your future posts.

charlie b