Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sanding floors

I'm finishing some red oak hardwood floors with Bona Kemi's Bonaseal
and Mega water based polyurethane. I'm now trying to sand the
Bonaseal before applying the first coat of poly. The Bonaseal was put
on about 1 week ago and is surely dry. It did raise the grain and needs
to be sanded.

The sander is a standard rotary polisher with a red pad and 120 grit
screen. After few minutes of sanding (about 100 sq ft.) the screen
gets clogged up with compacted poly dust. It is not sticky, just
fills the screen enough to make the sander totally unmanageable. It is
possible to clean off most of it (tedious) off the screen, and re-use
the screen for a few minutes before it happens again.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just turn the pad over for another
100 sq. feet and then pitch the screen (expensive). Is there a way to
easily clean the screen?

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

I just emailed them today

questions about waterlox tung oil for old oak floors [email protected] Woodworking 4 April 20th 06 01:16 PM
Sanding Pine floors The Grom King Woodworking 17 May 11th 05 04:09 PM
Wooden Floors andrewpreece UK diy 6 November 17th 04 11:03 PM
Care for shellac wood floors Vince Woodworking 5 September 14th 03 02:04 PM
How to do drywall taping without sanding? Eric Ryder Home Ownership 2 July 29th 03 12:30 AM