Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry St.Pierre

Default New over old (laminate)

Greetings,
Does anyone have experience applying new Formica/Wilsonart laminate over
old laminate using waterborne contact cement? I've only done new work and
haven't much experience with waterborne contact cement. I assume the old
surface should be sanded with a coarse grit to allow the contact cement to
grip. I would like to use Wilsonart H2O contact cement
Any experiences, good or bad, tips, watchout fors etc. installing new
laminate over old (especially using water base cement) would be
appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Hank