Posted to rec.woodworking
Jurzey

Default Need Resources for Selling a Bedroom Set

Sorry to bother you all with this, but my husband and I are selling a
beautiful bedroom set made of solid teak. We are located near the
Philadelphia International Airport in Pennsylvania and are moving to a
house that cannot fit the set. I have posted it on CraigsList.com. We
didn't feel like going through the hassle of an Ebay ordeal b/c we
didn't want to deal with shipping. I have been trying to find a local
company that might buy the furniture from us but haven't had any luck.

Do any of you have any ideas of better ways to try to sell this set.
It's about 15 years old. Scandanavian in design and has 4 pieces (queen
bed, chest, wardrobe and dresser) all in good condition. I love the set
and it was expensive when purchased. Want to find a good home.

Please respond if you have any ideas of what I can do.

Posted to rec.woodworking
george

"Jurzey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry to bother you all with this, but my husband and I are selling a
beautiful bedroom set made of solid teak. We are located near the
Philadelphia International Airport in Pennsylvania and are moving to a
house that cannot fit the set. I have posted it on CraigsList.com. We
didn't feel like going through the hassle of an Ebay ordeal b/c we
didn't want to deal with shipping. I have been trying to find a local
company that might buy the furniture from us but haven't had any luck.

Do any of you have any ideas of better ways to try to sell this set.
It's about 15 years old. Scandanavian in design and has 4 pieces (queen
bed, chest, wardrobe and dresser) all in good condition. I love the set
and it was expensive when purchased. Want to find a good home.

Please respond if you have any ideas of what I can do.

Lots of people specify on eBay "no shipping, local pick-up only"...I've done
it myself on a turntable when I no longer had proper packing materials for
it. Also, bulletin boards in supermarkets and consignment shops are
possibilities. You probably should have prefaced the subject with "OT:" as
most people will consider your posting off topic...I can see where you'd
think this group, building a lot of big stuff, might have some good ideas on
getting rid of items such as yours, though.

Good luck.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jurzey" wrote in message

Do any of you have any ideas of better ways to try to sell this set.
It's about 15 years old. Scandanavian in design and has 4 pieces (queen
bed, chest, wardrobe and dresser) all in good condition. I love the set
and it was expensive when purchased. Want to find a good home.

Please respond if you have any ideas of what I can do.

Every city, town, section of a city has a local shoppers paper with low cots
of even free want ads. Yes, this still print newspapers and people still
respond to ads.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint

Default OT: Need Resources for Selling a Bedroom Set

Since you want to sell it locally (no shipping) your best bet is to find
local advertising places. The Craigslist is a good start. As someone else
mentioned, local newspapers and their on-line equivalents are good. See if
there's a "phillie.forsale" newsgroup like this one. Or even a
"phillie.general" group, where people may be more familiar with the area,
and what advertising resources are available.

In general, however, I've found that people in on-line resources are cheap
SOB's. My theory is that there's lots of comparable prices out there on
stuff, so they go with that, and then low-ball the numbers. Whereas in a
printed forum (or even the on-line classifieds), this doesn't seem so
prevelant. But it could just be the bottom-feeding newsgroups I frequent...

Clint

oups.com...