Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rewrite of "Hats off to a couple of vendors"

Hopefully this will be readable.

I needed a bag for the Woodtek 1HP DC and went to Woodworkers Supply
looking for one. Their listing of bags was inadequate in providing
details of what they offered. There was no listing of what bag fitted
which DC and no details about sizes of bags or bag openings/diameter.
I E-mailed the Internet Manager, who I presumed was responsible for
the data on their site, asking for better disclosure and got no
response. Mailed the (I believe) Customer Relations Manager with my
problem and he provided a part number and that is what I ordered. I
got a 14" diameter bag that would not fit the 5" fitting on the DC. I
mailed him about the misfit and he sent the correct bag at no charge
and said to not send the incorrect bag back. That bag is now not
needed and is available for cost of shipping from Augusta, GA area.

I use a Router Raizer in the router table to control the height of the
bit from the top of the table instead of the knuckle buster knob used
under the table previously. The Router Raizer crank and metal plug
that fills the hole in the table top were misplaced in a recent move
so I called their 1-800 number to order replacements. I explained
what I wanted to buy and he said to not bother ordering them as they
would send the parts at no cost. I found the misplaced crank and plug
a few days later.

I was trying to acknowledge the positives of good customer relations
and hope this time it is understandable.
Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

wrote:

[...]

MUCH clearer! g The Woodworkers' Supply story, though, leaves me
with mixed feelings. It's always good to see an error corrected the
say they did, but it's not good that the correction had to be made to
correct three successive failings (the lack of specs on the web page,
the unresponsiveness of the webmaster, and the incorrect info given by
the customer service manager).
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"alexy" wrote in message

MUCH clearer! g The Woodworkers' Supply story, though, leaves me
with mixed feelings.

It's always good to see an error corrected the say they did,

Huh? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"alexy" wrote in message

G Doh [dope slap]! Shows that spell checkers are not idiot-proof, or
at least are no match for an accomplished idiot!

I had to double check to make sure that it was your name and not mine on
that reply. LOL

Spent a couple Days with Roy John Grossbohlin Woodworking 8 March 14th 06 01:54 AM
Central Heating flushing update and a couple more questions John Kelly UK diy 7 January 24th 06 12:26 AM
Swinger couple Oscar_Lives Home Repair 0 January 20th 06 04:15 AM
Reduction in water pressure a couple weeks later? JT UK diy 11 September 29th 05 12:45 PM
Anyone need a couple thousand DB25 connectors, less the pins Gunner Metalworking 8 July 30th 05 05:30 AM