Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

Default TurboCAD tutorials

I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. I not a newbie to software, I use
Visio, PhotoShop CS2, and lots of other apps well.

Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials that can help me
get started with drawing shapes in 2D and 3D? Any of them geared to
woodworking use?

Appreciate any help,

RangerPaul

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Ranger Paul wrote:
I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. I not a newbie to software, I use
Visio, PhotoShop CS2, and lots of other apps well.

Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials that can help me
get started with drawing shapes in 2D and 3D? Any of them geared to
woodworking use?

Appreciate any help,

CAD takes some time to learn - a lot of time for the more involved
programs.

Here are some older TurboCAD tutorials - most of the stuff will still
be relevant.

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/tu.../tutorials.htm

This one in particular would be a good place to start:
http://www.cadcourse.com/winston/Panel.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ranger Paul

The links look like an excellent place to start. Thank you very much.

RP

--
Email replies to remove the "nospam_"
before you reply.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dream-designs

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ranger Paul wrote:
I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. I not a newbie to software, I use
Visio, PhotoShop CS2, and lots of other apps well.

Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials that can help
me
get started with drawing shapes in 2D and 3D? Any of them geared to
woodworking use?

Appreciate any help,

CAD takes some time to learn - a lot of time for the more involved
programs.

Here are some older TurboCAD tutorials - most of the stuff will still
be relevant.

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/tu.../tutorials.htm

This one in particular would be a good place to start:
http://www.cadcourse.com/winston/Panel.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim W

"Ranger Paul" wrote in message
I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. [...]
Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials [...]

when I used to use TCad the forums on turbocad.com or the imsisoft site were
an unmatched source of information and help. Highly recommend you find them
read them and use them.

Tim w

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:32:17 -0500, "Ranger Paul"
wrote:

I've got TurboCAD Pro v12

Progress in learning this is slooooow. I not a newbie to software, I use
Visio, PhotoShop CS2, and lots of other apps well.

Does anyone know of some online (free hopefully) tutorials that can help me
get started with drawing shapes in 2D and 3D? Any of them geared to
woodworking use?

Appreciate any help,

RangerPaul

Ranger Try Morris Dovey. As I recall he has some Cad setup in
operation. Look here or in the *pics* group.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Nothing beats a real college for something like that. Lecture every day,
notes taken, daily assignments, homework, regular hand-in projects, regular
tests, studying, exams. It really helps to see/ be taught the real-world
procedure to know how to put it all into practise.

But picking up a real textbook, and reading it front to back, especially
several of them, gives you a very good impression of whats going on. Start
searching by title at the library, or buy. You may be able to connect all
the dots through the points you learned reading.

If you remember autoexec.bat, config.sys, command.com, io.sys, mscd000,
loadhigh, etc. I learned all that through books. Its like that. AutoCAD
too. If you cannot do something, it may be an error in procedure, or one of
the other little settings set somewhere else. Which ones take practice.