Posted to rec.woodworking

Default undermount slides

I'm planning some kitchen cabinets and am considering using blum tandem
undermount slides. Anyone have anything good/bad to say about them? And
do I need the drilling template to install them? It costs about $60, I
think, and I'm only planning 5 drawers at this point.
Thanks, Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking
mark scheidt

Eric,

I find the action on the slides to be very smooth, and the self closing
mechanism works well. If you have it in the budget, the "Blumotion" slow
closing option is very impressive, although I cannot speak to this feature's
durability, good or bad. One or two minor complaints that may or may not be
of importance to you...when the drawer is fully extended, it tends to move
easily from side to side. (I hesitate to call this a wobble) Also, you
lose a bit of drawer depth, but that's the price to pay for hiding the
hardware from sight. Overall, I really like them.

You definitely do not need the drilling template. If you want, you can make
one of your own. You can use Blum's spec's to properly notch the drawer
back and drill the holes for the "pin" that each runner has.

oups.com...