Posted to rec.woodworking
dave

Default flattening warped 3/8ths plywood - are there any simple methods?

recently acquired five full sheets NEW 3/8ths plywood (free). problem is
it's warped 'some' (some more than others). are there any practical ways
to flatten it? I mean short of 'fastening it to a solid steel frame' or
rewetting it then redrying it, flat, somehow? it appears to be common
a/b exterior stuff...

what about placing it flat on the garage floor, and placing weights on
it? (have PLENTY of weights available - boxes full of of uninstalled
ceramic tile)

thanks for ideas on this,

toolie

==
replies, if any, by e-mail, need to remove the weirdstuff from my
address before clicking send. thanks
==
Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's

recently acquired five full sheets NEW 3/8ths plywood (free). problem is
it's warped 'some' (some more than others). are there any practical ways
to flatten it? I mean short of 'fastening it to a solid steel frame' or
rewetting it then redrying it, flat, somehow? it appears to be common a/b
exterior stuff...

what about placing it flat on the garage floor, and placing weights on it?
(have PLENTY of weights available - boxes full of of uninstalled ceramic
tile)

thanks for ideas on this,

toolie

Usually any ply stock that thin will be used in a frame of some sort, which
would "flatten" out the stock and hold it flat.

So unless it's warped enough that the ends actually touch, I guess I
wouldn't worry about it, other than to store it as flat as possible.

Just my two cents

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Sore standing on long edge (off the floor).

You didn't specify 3 or 4-ply, or what you were dreaming of using it for
were it perfectly flat.

Not the sort of stuff one would expect to make fine furniture out of.

laying out support strips on the floor and between each sheet, then covering
the package with heavy weights might go a ways toward flattening the stock a
bit, you could even try soaking it first (assuming you're not in a high
humidity situation subject to mold and such) and making sure there is air
circulating. This might even work out of doors.

Having said all this, we are talking about a value new of less than $100 for
something designed as sheathing, no?