Posted to rec.woodworking
Daniel H

Default The tale of TWO Lee Valley Parcels.

I've received packages, from LV and also from an individual shipping
via Xpresspost; Canada Post leaves the boxes at my front door!

(I'm in a "super mailbox" area.)

- Daniel

Posted to rec.woodworking
Daniel H

That is a call Canada Post can make IF they choose because there is no nearby
Postal Station and home delivery is cost effective. You are one of the lucky
ones, but in the minority at least here in BC.
You could lose that service at any time.
In fact if you phone Canada Post and ask they will tell you it's against
policy.

I should have said that it's scary that Canada Post just leaves boxes
lying out in the open, on my porch, unattended. I would expect Canada
Post to be more careful esp with Xpresspost packages because they are
insured and CP would be liable for any losses. I for one would prefer
that my package be held at a local post office for pickup. Thankfully,
nothing has been stolen yet, as far as I know....

(Have you contacted LV and asked them to offer different shipping
methods for online orders? In your situation I can understand why
Canada Post is a poor shipping choice; mention your situation to LV
because they do listen to customer comments. Have you tried to
telephone an order in and request alternate shipping methods?)

- Daniel

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

wrote in message
news
On 7 Apr 2006 14:26:36 -0700, "Daniel H" wrote:

But it's been many months since I quit as a Lee Valley customer.

And I doubt they have missed you!
If you don't like how a company does business, don't buy from them! Plain
and simple.
Tons of others have had excellent service from LV. Your rant is with the
postal service, not LV.
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

wrote in message

Yes. No dice.
Contrary to what Upscale has posted.
But it's been many months since I quit as a Lee Valley customer.

Bull****. You admitted that you haven't called them in several months. Even
after I called an LV store today to get information for you and gave you the
phone number, you still haven't called them to see of there's any new
shipping options available. All you're capable of doing is whining and
making feeble excuses as to why things aren't as you want them, yet you're
too lazy to do some following up to actually know for sure. Apparently, it's
more desirable for you to email dozens of messages over several hours
instead of spending a few minutes on the phone. What an ignorant wonder you
are. Pitiful at best.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Upscale" wrote in message

wrote in message

[...]

Ouch, that has got to hurt. With 25 % of the precincts reporting it looks
like Jimmy is going down in flames.

Next contestant please.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:09:26 -0700, "Frank Drackman"
wrote:

Ouch

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other
than
through Canada Post.

Jimmy, watch out for those windmills

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article ,
wrote:

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other than
through Canada Post.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard you.

Now. What do you want us to do about it? You've already established
that you don't want sympathy, or empathy, or a phone campaign to Robin
Lee, or anything in particular, you just want to bitch.

So now, you've bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

And bitched.

Now what? I still suggest: http://www.balderstone.ca/stfu.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article ,
wrote:

Actually I was responding with explanation

Snort. That's *funny!*

No, you just bitched. And called people names.

And bitched. Over and over and over.

You're still doing it.

What, exactly, do you hope to accomplish with your whining, bitching
tale of how hard done by you are by Lee Valley and Canada Post? Why
don't you bitch and whine and complain to Lee Valley and Canada Post?

Why should any of us care about you or you concerns?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other
than
through Canada Post.

Not true. My packages never come Canada Post. Nope, not one yet.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 03:15:47 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other
than
through Canada Post.

Not true. My packages never come Canada Post. Nope, not one yet.

You may be confused.
Or you are in some area that Priority Post doesn't have their own
delivery.
I suspect you are confused.

You suspect WRONG Read what you wrote. Read what I wrote. Very plain and
simple facts.
FACT: You made a dumb generalization. I called you on it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Enoch Root" wrote in message
Leon seems to be one of the few posters here with an ounce of common

sense.
Come on come on . . . I wouldn't go quite that far.

Well, he did agree with our Northern Postal Jihadist. That's saying
something.

At this point, I'm guessing that Jimmy is somehow related to the dead
soldier troll. Not as militant maybe and more along the lines of a country
bumpkin cousin, but definitely an offshoot of the same clan. Guess we
couldn't be so lucky as to have all the single minded zealots live in the
US.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

wrote in message

They are confused.
That what you get after years of sniffing lacquer thinner.

Bah!!! Real men don't sniff lacquer thinner - that's for kids. Real men
drink the stuff - over ice, with a couple of olives, no chaser.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

.. .

wrote in message

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other
than
through Canada Post.

Not true. My packages never come Canada Post. Nope, not one yet.

You may be confused.
Or you are in some area that Priority Post doesn't have their own
delivery.
I suspect you are confused.

You suspect WRONG Read what you wrote. Read what I wrote. Very plain and
simple facts.
FACT: You made a dumb generalization. I called you on it.

Prediction: When [if] this sinks in, he will not be amused. He seems
to take himself and his "cause" way too seriously to laugh at himself.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , alexy
wrote:

Prediction: When [if] this sinks in, he will not be amused. He seems
to take himself and his "cause" way too seriously to laugh at himself.

That's a pretty safe prediction, methinks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The RicodJour entity posted thusly:

Fine. Lee Valley sucks, Canada Post sucks - move on and put the
tragedy behind you.

Got kill filters? Put the dickhead into one and stop feeding him.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Oleg Lego
wrote:

Got kill filters? Put the dickhead into one and stop feeding him.

Maybe tomorrow. It's still kinda fun, as long as you wear a face shield
for the spittle...
Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other
than
through Canada Post.

Not true. My packages never come Canada Post. Nope, not one yet.

You may be confused.
Or you are in some area that Priority Post doesn't have their own
delivery.
I suspect you are confused.

Jimmy, you've got some set of balls to tell a man that he can't figure out
how something gets shipped to him and then to tell him he's wrong.

Now, I've got nothing to say about Canada Post as I've never used it, nor
have I had anything shipped TO me from the Great White North, but I will go
so far as to mention that it is, in fact, a REALLY big freakin' country
you've got up there and that it might not be the same everywhere.

As Andy Warhol might've said, "You've had your 15 minutes....sit down."

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 05:27:31 -0400, "Upscale" wrote:

"Enoch Root" wrote in message
Leon seems to be one of the few posters here with an ounce of common

sense.
Come on come on . . . I wouldn't go quite that far.

Well, he did agree with our Northern Postal Jihadist. That's saying
something.

At this point, I'm guessing that Jimmy is somehow related to the dead
soldier troll. Not as militant maybe and more along the lines of a country
bumpkin cousin, but definitely an offshoot of the same clan. Guess we
couldn't be so lucky as to have all the single minded zealots live in the
US.

Lets keep the thread going for a while, anyway... at least until his mom comes
home and catches him on her computer..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis