Posted to rec.woodworking
bob

Default Carving classes around Indiana

As the header says, I'm looking for carving classes in the vicinity of
Indianapolis IN. I did an internet search, and found a few schools, but
they are either spendy, or too far away. I guess what I'm looking for is a
small school in the area. There is a carving club nearby, but they don't
do classes--although they are happy to answer any of my stupid questions.

Thanks, all!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Woods-Work on east Washington street just east of Post road has classes
that often include carving. One is on the current schedule. I think
one of the local carving clubs meets there for a montly group carve-in.
http://www.woods-work.com/

The Rockler store in Castleton has classes and may have carving
classes.
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, 8452 Castleton-Corner Dr,
Indianapolis, IN 46250
This is south of Pier-1, southwest of Borders Books.
Phone - (317) 578-9750

You could also check with the IUPUI Herron Art School and see if they
offer any continuing education classes in wood carving.