Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More books

Thanks for the nice remarks folks. Freeborn's book is such a treasure
and even Freebon tool only had a copy of a copy. It seemed a shame to
see it lost. I had a request for other books. The following might be
worth considering.

Tom

There is a book "Chisels on the Wheel" by Effner that is supposed
to be very good. I can't find a copy. If you find two let me know,
please.

Some books that are highly recommended and generally considered worth
purchasing are
Circular Saws by Eric Stephenson
Fundamentals of Tool Design from SME
Saws by Williston
Machinery's Handbook from Industrial Press
Complete Guide to Sharpening by Lee of Lee Valley Veritas
Pocket Ref from Sequoia Publishing

For metal working - there are some really good catalogs out there
such as NTK, Kennametal and Greenleaf.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Tom:

I just wanted to publicly thank you for sending the book. I'm reading it
and, as a novice, don't understand some of it but I'm working on it.

Thanks,
Jay

Permit for finished basement req. electrical and Plumbing test...What books to read? [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 13th 05 03:52 PM
Old Books J T Woodworking 16 February 14th 05 06:06 PM
INSTRUCTIONS - Finding Books J T Woodworking 10 January 14th 05 02:28 AM
OT=Sea Changes in the Media Gunner Metalworking 47 November 20th 03 01:27 PM
Survival books that are out of print - anyone willing to scan some? Gunner Metalworking 1 October 14th 03 03:11 PM