Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Default FYI: anyone live in the deep south?

Well if anyone does, grab this eBay item, a log of Lignum Vitae grown
on Key West! Item# 7601662548 (search engine).

Me, not the seller.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

Default anyone live in the deep south?

Yes, a few people do live in the deep south.

"AAvK" wrote in message

Well if anyone does, grab this eBay item, a log of Lignum Vitae
grown
on Key West! Item# 7601662548 (search engine).

Me, not the seller.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 3/23/2006 6:13 PM AAvK mumbled something about the following:

Well if anyone does, grab this eBay item, a log of Lignum Vitae grown
on Key West! Item# 7601662548 (search engine).

Me, not the seller.

I live in the deep south, but what would I want with a single 19" long
2" diameter piece of wood? Can't get much out of it, especially not
knowing how extensive the termite damage really is.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I live in the deep south, but what would I want with a single 19" long
2" diameter piece of wood? Can't get much out of it, especially not
knowing how extensive the termite damage really is.

--
Odinn

In retrospect to that, two questions for you:

1) Do you really think the seller is lying,
(I don't)
2) Do you know what Lignum Vitae is,
or any of it's qualities?

If you know those answers, then you have the answers to your other questions.
On the other hand ... hhhmmmm ... it is smaller than I thought! And not worth
that much.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

AAvK wrote:

I live in the deep south, but what would I want with a single 19" long
2" diameter piece of wood? Can't get much out of it, especially not
knowing how extensive the termite damage really is.

1) Do you really think the seller is lying,
(I don't)

Maybe not lying outright, but how can you evaluate his assessment of the
damage? I think it's superficial, and I don't think it can be anything
else. It'd be a gamble.

er
--
email not valid