Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Default sealing MDF, a revisit

Hello Group,
I did a google search on this subject and most of the reasons were to
lock in the vapors. I want to use a very heavy (1&1/2 inch thich)
former computer lab desk for my router table. I have routed the cutout
for the insert but I'm reluctant to set the insert in without treating
the raw material. Do you think there is any chance the MDF could swell
when polyurethane is applied? (Also, if that were a problem, I suppose
I should avoid aqueous polyurethane.)
My insert fits very nicely right now (minimal tolernces) but I'm
concerned that it might become a problem if coated. Any comments?
Thanks in advance,

Marc

Sealing Shower Grout jay hey Home Repair 4 November 27th 05 04:12 PM
Sealing a glass hob? newman UK diy 6 September 14th 05 12:06 AM
Sealing gaps between floors. Jeff Farrar Home Repair 2 May 7th 05 12:42 AM
Sealing around bath (difficult) Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 2nd 05 12:48 PM
Back flue sealing plate ? Steve J UK diy 0 January 26th 05 10:33 AM