Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default INSPIRATION - 24 bottle beer chest

http://www.brittanyboxes.com/Boxes.htm

Scroll down to it. And, check the price. Beats the Hell out of
the quality, and price, of the ammo box posted before.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you
"know"?.
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

JT,
What a racket !!

Notice the comments vs. the photo . . . Any bets the 'Corporate Logo'
business cost more then the box - a LOT more. I have an OLD 'Moosehead' beer
box I 'rescued' from the trash. Also one from another brewer . . . not to
mention a couple of Remington ammo boxes. Simple enough to 'copy' them and
offer up 'bare . . . let the buyer fight the 'Corporations' for use of their
logos.

Regards & Thanks,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{PS - My cases came WITH the BEER !! }

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.brittanyboxes.com/Boxes.htm

Scroll down to it. And, check the price. Beats the Hell out of
the quality, and price, of the ammo box posted before.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill B

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.brittanyboxes.com/Boxes.htm

Scroll down to it. And, check the price. Beats the Hell out of
the quality, and price, of the ammo box posted before.

I am into model railroads. Anything that Union Pacific owns, and they
have bought up a lot of fallen flags, like Denver & Rio Grande, Southern
Pacific, etc., there is an additional 5-10$ on the cost to cover their
licensing fee. Used to be they considered it free advertising, now it's
a profit center. Other lines are now jumping onto the licensing scheme.

I wonder if the beer companies are doing the same?

--
Bill Berglin

http://home.comcast.net/~bberg100

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Wed, Mar 15, 2006, 7:07am (EST-2) (Bill*B)
sayeth:
snip Other lines are now jumping onto the licensing scheme.
I wonder if the beer companies are doing the same?

Probably.

Nah, I'm not back, just saw this thread as I posted an update on a
experiment.

Anything I make for myself, I'll put whatever logo, trademark, or
whatever else on it. If it's for sale, I make up my own logo, or
whatever, not copying anything else - or I'll just leave it bare. I
seriously doubt any corporation would track me down to sue me, but it's
not in me to copy someone else's work and profit from it, or take
credit for it. I don't do that.

If you can get bare, or generic, rolling stock, if it's just for
your use, that's what I'd do. Then I'd put on, or paint on, whatever I
wanted on it. I'm sure there's decals you can buy with that stuff on
it. Or, I've seen instructions on the web for making your own decals.
If I could save $5-10 a piece by doing that way, that's exacely what I'd
do. Actually, what I'd probably really do would be make up my own
railway name, and use that.

However, for the chicken-hearted, you can always contact he parent
company, and ask them for permission to use their logo, or whatever.
Surprising sometimes what you'll get permission to do if you just ask.
I don't know that you'll get carte blanche to sell sell stuff with their
mark, but you never know. In that case, I would definitely want someint
in writing, with a signature, before I tried it. But, for personal use,
I doubt you'd get a no - except possibly from Disney.

You can use my company's info if can't come up with anything on
your own:
ACME DELIVER COMPANY
Specializing In Bearded Clams & Bald Eagles