Posted to rec.woodworking
Bigdog

Default Finding Plywood

Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Josh

You can get it from a variety of places online, but you have to pay for
shipping, of course. http://www.walllumber.com and
http://www.hardwoodstore.com are two good ones which just happen to be
local to me.

You'd get much better answers if you told us where you live. Somebody
who lives near you may be able to give you some suggestions.

Josh

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Bigdog wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Lowes & Home Depot are the places that sell cheap plywood.

If you want a better grade, expect to pay for it.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Bigdog" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Sure, Go past Lowes about 4 miles, make a left at the Shell gas station.
There is a lumber dealer about 1/2 mile on the right. They have just what
you want. Good prices too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bigdog

Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do
know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bigdog

Sorry, I guess that a location would help. I am in Lexington, KY I do
know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

Look up cabinet shops in the phone book, call them and ask where they get
their plywood, then call the suppliers until you find one that sells retail.
I have a local supplier that would like to see you pull up in a truck with a
company logo painted on the side but they grudgingly sell to the public
(read great unwashed). But if you know what you're looking for, you can get
it.

"Bigdog" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y

Bigdog wrote:
I am in Lexington, KY I do
know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Actually, Lowes and Home Deport are extremely expensive for hardwood.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 3/9/2006 10:47 PM Bigdog mumbled something about the following:
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

If you want cheap hardwood plywood, then go to Lowes or Home Depot.
Now, if you want inexpensive hardwood plywood, that's a different matter.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Bigdog wrote:
I am in Lexington, KY I do
know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Actually, Lowes and Home Deport are extremely expensive for hardwood.

Around here, about 2 1/2 times the lineal foot price for dimensioned
hardwood that a hardwood lumber dealer charges.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Bigdog wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only
place around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Lowes or Home Depot...special order desk...

Yellow pages...lumber...

Google...plywood...

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Sure, Go past Lowes about 4 miles, make a left at the Shell gas station.
There is a lumber dealer about 1/2 mile on the right. They have just what
you want. Good prices too.

I always just tell people to follow the blue car for a mile, then turn
left.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

I agree. The BORGS have a wonderful selection and for that you pay a
premium. It is sometimes worth the convenience, but when I want to buy
in bulk, I go to a local lumber yard. THe selection is far less, but the
overall quality for the money is far better.

B A R R Y wrote:
Bigdog wrote:

I am in Lexington, KY I do
know that Loews is cheap, but they do not have good hardwoods choices.

Actually, Lowes and Home Deport are extremely expensive for hardwood.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sure, Go past Lowes about 4 miles, make a left at the Shell gas station.
There is a lumber dealer about 1/2 mile on the right. They have just what
you want. Good prices too.

I always just tell people to follow the blue car for a mile, then turn
left.

brian

I always tell people that you cannot get there from here.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Hoying

You could drive up to Cincinnati and shop at Paxton Lumber.
http://www.paxtonwood.com/
Jack

"Bigdog" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Does anyone know a cheap place to get hardwood plywood. The only place
around here is Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
darkon

Bigpole wrote:

If you want to drive to Cincinnati you can get plywood at
Paxton's.

Bigpole

And you can drool over the other kinds of wood they have that you
can't afford to buy as much of as you want. At least that's what I
do -- they're only a few minutes from where I work, so I occasionally
drop by during lunch.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

"darkon" wrote in message
Bigpole wrote:

If you want to drive to Cincinnati you can get plywood at
Paxton's.

Bigpole

And you can drool over the other kinds of wood they have that you
can't afford to buy as much of as you want. At least that's what I
do -- they're only a few minutes from where I work, so I occasionally
drop by during lunch.

I work right around the corner on stewart rd, I will have to swing by one
day on my lunch break and check it out.