Posted to rec.woodworking
graham

Default handsaw recutting in UK

JT wrote:
I'm not sure what you meant by "recutting". To me the term means
to completely take off the old teeth, and then recut new teeth. Is
this what you mean?

Or, do you mean simply resharpening the present teeth? If so,
this is not rocket science, and you can actually do this on your own,
with some practice. I'd get a couple of cheap, used, saws, and
practice on them, before trying it on a decent saw. You are talking
about handsaws, right?

yes, I meant cutting completely new teeth - have a couple of old saws,
nothing special, but with stupidly fine "general purpose" teeth - with
appropriate teeth they could be quite useful.

g.

apols for slow reply - my news server (plusnet) seems to lose posts.