Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Modular miter saw/router table......

Was building a miter saw stand with some plans I found on the net, when
I realized that if I didnt include a top, I could use it as a modular
setup and swap my miter saw and my router in and out at will.

Unfortunately the rolling "cabinet" portion is already 75% built, so
Im kinda stuck with the dimensions (unless I just build another for my
router). The question is this:

I intended on making a router table top 24x32. The cabinet size is
20x25. So Id have 2" of overhang on front and back, and 3" on each
side. Is this acceptable? or will this cause the router table top to
twist/sag after its used for a while (or presumably left in place
because 90% of the time the router table top would be in the cabinet).
I intend to make the router table top out of 1.5" worth of MDF and
formica on the top and bottom. Edge banding/t-molding/sealing the
edges of it.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris